“Great food!!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sandwiches, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Parkway Bakery & Tavern is a New Orleans restaurant and family dining tradition located at the corner of Hagan and Toulouse overlooking Bayou St. John in Louisiana.
“Great food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Huge poboys ! Tons of selection. Expect a wait, this place is always busy! Fried shrimp poboy is my fav with a barqs in a bottle!

“How to get there. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was determined to eat at parkway based on reviews and it being my first visit to NO. Great food with local, down home earthiness. My only issue was how to get there from the French quarter. We walked to canal street and started waiting for a street car. We changed our minds and took a $9.50 cab ride. Next time, street car up and walk 5 minutes in a decent area. Perfectly fine! Enjoy!!!

Ellisville, Mississippi
“Completely Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Street parking was fine. We've been there twice and have always found a spot right in front of the restaurant. We arrived at 2 on a Saturday with maybe only ten people in front of us in line, all holding menus. As always, there were customers who arrived at the order window to then take minutes deciding what they wanted. "Never fails," says the gentleman taking the orders. I'm in complete agreement with that remark. Anyhoo, our order goes in. It's about 10 minutes before we get it. First, I have to agree that the bread is great enough worth mentioning. Excellent po-boy bread. The roast beef part was under salted and just not beefy tasting enough. There was shredded roast beef in the sandwich along with large pieces of what looked like meat, but turned out to be gristle. So half of the "meat" contents was actually gristle. This was the same for both our roast beef po-boys. My friend thought her shrimp po-boy was under salted, as well. Their hot sauce was extremely watered down. In fact, I remarked that the hot sauce tasted like water. We didn't get any fries so I can't comment on them. The verdict? I wouldn't go out of my way for this place.

Visited April 2014
Snellville, Georgia
“Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Surf and Turf was very good and feeling, but the bread pudding almost made bite my fingers off. Will be back this summer :).

Visited April 2014
Jersey Shore - Ocean County
“Great place...worth the trip to get there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Took the Canal Streetcar the Parkway Bakery at the recommendation of a few fellow travelers on Tripadvisor. What a great place. It's completely casual an was PACKED at 3 pm on a Thursday...that alone is an indication that it's pretty darn good. Really nice staff and absolutely delicious po boys. We had a sausage one (which at the advice of the cashier we added onions, peppers, marinara and fresh basil) and a hamburger one. Quality ingredients, fresh produce and perfect French bread. We finished it off with a delicious bread pudding. Yum. Definately seek this one out...it's worth it!!