“Food is yummy... But makes me sick every time” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Parkway Bakery & Tavern is a New Orleans restaurant and family dining tradition located at the corner of Hagan and Toulouse overlooking Bayou St. John in Louisiana.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Food is yummy... But makes me sick every time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I want to love this place. Great atmosphere, fantastic reviews and the food is good! But within an hour of eating here my man and I are fighting over the bathroom. We agreed this past visit would be our last.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Love Parkway Po'boys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been here several times. Love the po'boys, and the fries are also good. One order of fries easily feeds 3. My favorite is the fried shrimp po'boy. I have had po'boys in a LOT of restaurants, and Parkway's is one of my favorites. When you go in, look at the pictures over by the bar... there are some before and after Katrina pictures that were very interesting.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
plainfield, il
“Place for a good Poor Boy sandwich”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hot roast beef with gravy. This was mighty tasty but a bit dry, order this with extra gravy and it should prove excellent.
French fries with gravy, may not be good for you but in fact are damn good.

Place is worth going to for lunch

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent Food and outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Dining at Parkway was one of the places that I wanted to eat at while in New Orleans.
Prior to driving back home, I stopped for lunch. It was close to 2 p.m. and the bar and front area was full. In the next section, several long tables had seating. There was also seating in the covered patio spacing outside.
Only at the bar and the front area is full service, the remaining areas is ordering and pick up.
It was a short wait for my order.
I order the fries with gravy and a large shrimp poboy.
The portions are very generous and the pricing reasonable
First the fries were heavenly! From the first bite to scraping for the last bit of gravy, it was beyond words! I was so full that I had to take my poboy on the road!
I was asked by one staff member was everything ok while eating. When I went to grab a bag to take my poboy, another staff member offer to rewrap my poboy. He went and got new paper, wrap my poboy, gave me napkins and told me to be safe on the road.
The only bad thing I can say is I waited until my last day in New Orleans to visit!
I will return again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Yummy shrimp poboys..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have eaten here several times while visiting New Orleans and the food is always delicious. I tried the shrimp poboy on this trip and it, too, was done to perfection. There is also plenty off the street parking at this eatery and that's a definite plus in New Orleans.

Visited June 2013