“Call first” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bon Ton Cafe

Bon Ton Cafe
401 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
504-524-3386
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Nampa, Idaho
“Call first”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Small but great food dinner MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY ONLY. Closed Saturday and Sunday! 100 characters vgdghbffhjvxfj mnemonic vx f2f hvccjhccvgdxbjv cv

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Not Good....Bad Even”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This place was an institution in NOLA for years but sadly it hasn't changed with the times. Food is bland and mushy almost like they are catering for people over 85. Which makes sense since the waitstaff are all about that age.

My wife and in travel the world and base some of our trips around good food cities. Heard so many positive things about this place but it failed to deliver on all. I would avoid this place in the future and pray others do as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Tell the truth!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I found the food to be acceptable but not to the level of the reviews I read. I asked my server to recommend a first and main course. The crawfish bisque was very good. The Red Fish Bon Ton was not memorable, in fact, a bit bland by New Orleans standards. I examined the fish and realized it was not even a red fish! When I asked the server what kind of fish was used for this dish he explained it was a black drum. Black drum is a perfectly good mild fish, but it is not red fish. I would rather go to a restaurant that is not deceptive about the ingredients.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pleasanton, California
“If You Eat Only One Place in New Orleans, Eat Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I visited New Orleans for a week in April 2013. Saveur Magazine had an entire issue devoted to the great restaurants of New Orleans, and that is how we found Bon Ton Cafe. We ate here the last night of our stay, after trying lots of other highly-rated restaurants: Cochon (a disappointment), Gumbo Shop (great value and taste), Dante's Kitchen (interesting and worth the trip), Mothers Restaurant (way over-rated and overpriced). Bon Ton Cafe was head and shoulders above the rest. We made reservations but arrived 20 minutes early. We got seated right away, and service was outstanding. The staff was friendly, the waitress was very engaging and answered all of our questions. And I noticed that the owner was checking each table and asking people how they were enjoying the meal. When he came to our table, we told him we loved the Crawfish Etouffee and the Eggplant, Shrimp, and Crabmeat Etouffee! It was the best meal we had in New Orleans. Gorgeous setting, professional and friendly staff, and an owner who really cares and is there to make sure his customers are satisfied. What more can I say?

Visited April 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“This place is a keeper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Finally, after four days in NOLA we finally found a place that has atmosphere, authentic cajun food, a moderate price, a great location , excellent service and mouth watering dishes. Do not miss this place. It is our number one rated restaurant in the Quarter.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere