“One of the Top Restaurants in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Stella - CLOSED

Restaurant Stella
1032 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)
504-587-0091
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stella/99134789750
Description: Intimately located in the French Quarter, at Stella!, Chef Scott Boswell creates exciting New American Cuisine influenced jointly by world flavors and his Louisiana Roots. ~Award Winning Wine List ~Zagat -top ten food in New Orleans ~New Orleans Magazine Best Chef ~DiRona awarded restaurant ~rated 5 Beans by the Times Picayune, New Orleans
Thomasville, GA
“One of the Top Restaurants in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stella's lower ranking on Tripadvisor is not justified. It is too low and they show be ranked at the top. From the advice of one of my most repected dining friends who has eaten at more Michelin starred restaurants than me and then another recommendation from a NOLA large business owner I tried Stella!. Oh how my friends are never wrong. Excellant! Not to be missed. I went on business for dinner. We ordered from the four course menu and then added a course. Almost every course was perfect. I was a little dissappointed in the sweetbreads which I had last at Le Diane in Paris. I will not go to New Orleans and miss dinner there. I see the menu as reasonably priced after just eating at Twist! in Las Vegas where the bill was $1000 for two and not any better than Stella! I would have liked to see a premium wine pairing offered.

Brooklyn, New York
“Stellas! Delivers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a wonderful fine dining experience for people who truly care about the food they eat. Like most New American restaurants, portion may be small, but the food at Stellas! shines. There is someone in the kitchen who really cares about combing ingredients to maximize flavor. The staff was knowledgeable and servicewas expert. Special note, the sommelier is thoroughly knowledgeable, and we had a wonderful conversation about wine regions with him. Thanks for a great evening.

Orange, TX
“Cutting Edge NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Delicious from start to finish. We chose the 4 course menu with wine pairing and were not disappointed. My first wine pairing was not to my liking. After a taste, the waiter was very quick to bring a more suitable wine for me. The menu is nouveau for New Orleans, but very nice. This was our second visit and we will dine there again. We loved the nitrogen frozen martinis!

Troy, Michigan
“Must be your cup of tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Unless you are a gourmet you are not going to enjoy this restaurant. Not being a gourmet I could have had 3 much more enjoyable meals for the cost. We opted for the “Chef’s Four Course Prix Fixe” but the problem was there was no choice in the 1st or 2nd courses I wanted to choose. 3rd Course “Roasted Beef Rib Eye” was just fair for this level of dining. I would say the same for 4th Course “Bananas Foster French Toast”. I did enjoy the evening just for the experience but certainly will not repeat it or recommend it to friends without a complete explanation. At a more reasonable price with some mainstream options this would have been fantastic. As it is unless you have a very sophisticated palate or want a very upscale (expensive) unique dining experience skip it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Food can't be good enough to put up with attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a confirmed reservation for family event for 8 on a Saturday night. Showed up and they refused to seat us unless we split up on two tables. They had two tables adjoining, but manager refused to push together so we could dine as a group. The more I pushed for them to accommodate our confirmed reservation, the more arrogant they became. Have dined world over, but never encountered such rude and abusive treatment. Don't waste your money here, as they don't care about you and there are so many other great restaurants to chose form in N.O.

Visited October 2013