“Great food, cool restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Stella - CLOSED

Restaurant Stella
1032 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)
504-587-0091
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stella/99134789750
Description: Intimately located in the French Quarter, at Stella!, Chef Scott Boswell creates exciting New American Cuisine influenced jointly by world flavors and his Louisiana Roots. ~Award Winning Wine List ~Zagat -top ten food in New Orleans ~New Orleans Magazine Best Chef ~DiRona awarded restaurant ~rated 5 Beans by the Times Picayune, New Orleans
South River
“Great food, cool restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a nice find! After having my fill of New Orleans food I was ready for Italian! The kitchen is in the back and open, you can even sit at a counter and watch them cook! Homemade pasta was cooked perfect and the drinks were even better! When I go back to New Orleans, I sure to stop and see Stella!

• Visited August 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Would Go Back to NO Just to Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Probably the best meal I've ever had! There are two fixed price menus, four course or seven course. The choices were a bit daunting for us but we are so glad we had this adventurous experience. Let me just add that it was all orgasmic!!!! The service was also overwhelmingly perfect!

Visited September 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Excellent experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was the best food in a food city, so far. Visitors beware: you can find "good food" almost anywhere in NOLA, but if you want a great experience and fine dining, book Stella! The haters can go elsewhere. Stella does not hold itself out as an all you can eat buffet. If you're offended by the ticket that perfect food and service will command at the end of the evening, go elsewhere.
The nearest comparison to the overall quality, in our memory, is Auberge De Soleil in Napa.
Excellent food, wine pairing and service. You get what you pay for...

• Visited September 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I used to have a Supper Club in New Orleans, so I know my way around food. Stella is by far one of my top 5 places to have a fine-dinning experience. They have traditional caviar and endless great food. It is a fairly small, with a courtyard. I think the location is excellent as well and the service is beyond!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LA
“Good But EXPENSIVE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to Stella for the first time since Katrina. Now they do pix fixe menu's one a 4 course meal, the other a 7 course tasting menu. The 4 course gives you a choice of different options in each course, while the 7 course is set by the chef and the choices are picked for you. I got the 7 course meal and my wife got the 4 course. A good bit of the items on the 7 course happen to be one of the options on the 4 course(just an FYI). I thought the food was good and beautifully prepared. The service was awesome as well, my only issue was the price. I expected an expensive meal as I should at a place such as this, but I have been to a lot of the upscale places in the city and have spent far less for just as good of experience.

• Visited August 2013