“I need to go back..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Stella - CLOSED

Restaurant Stella
1032 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)
504-587-0091
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stella/99134789750
Description: Intimately located in the French Quarter, at Stella!, Chef Scott Boswell creates exciting New American Cuisine influenced jointly by world flavors and his Louisiana Roots. ~Award Winning Wine List ~Zagat -top ten food in New Orleans ~New Orleans Magazine Best Chef ~DiRona awarded restaurant ~rated 5 Beans by the Times Picayune, New Orleans
Hollywood, Florida
“I need to go back..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I like the place but my friend thought it was to stiff..it was not a cheap place to eat. But I didnt have a problem with it ..I love the way they present the food and the service was great. the waiter never left my side. Some people dont like that but I had no problem with it. I will definitly go back next time..

Visited May 2012

Lenox, Massachusetts
“Tripping Through The Greek wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wonderful experience at Stella last March and we will be returning in March 2013. The young American sommelier responding to our surprise at seeing so many Greek wines on the menu, kindly offered us a tasting---he poured us five and we purchased a glass on one each. Certainly beyond the call of duty.

The food was exceptional as well and the waitress was as professional as the accommodating wine steward. All in all, an experience to remember.

Richard Wise.

• Visited March 2012
Everett, Washington
“The food is exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Be prepared to spend min. of $85 for four course dinner. The appetizer and the second course was small, but the main course is very generous. I had beef tenderloin and there was a good portion. I also had cheese for the fourth course and that turned out to be wonderful. I enjoyed more than sweet dessert my boyfriend had. Please order the sweet dessert if you so inclined. I couldn't eat sweets because of my health condition. Then the waiter surprised us by bringing four little desserts on the tray on the house. If you are willing to spend $100 per person, this is the best restaurant in New Orleans.

Natchez, Mississippi
“Exceptional Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

From the moment of arrivial to exiting the door we were treated like kings. The 4 course meal and wonderful bottle of wine were soooooo gooooood!!! Expensive and worth it!! Presentation was beautiful, food delish, waiters and servers very well versed on the food and wine list and very attentive. Certainly not everday dining for us but for those very special occasions!!! We highly recomend Stella.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A local recommended this fine restaurant to us while we were attending a meeting in New Orleans. Impressive is the only way to describe the food and the service. The prix fixe menu - chose 4 or 7 courses, we chose 4 - was exquisitely presented and every course delicious. The dishes were a work of art, which was not surprising as the chef/owner once considered becoming an artist. The sea bass was delightful and the smaller portions left plenty of room for the signature bananas foster french toast desert. Even more impressive was the knowledge of the staff in their ability to describe how each dish was prepared and the flavorings and balance of the wines. Definitely a great place for a lovely dinner in New Orleans.