“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #586 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Pub
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stopped in here after having sushi up the street. We stared at the beer menu for a while and then the bartender asked us what we were looking for.

I had a beer picked out but he brought my friend several small samples based on the preference she mentioned until she picked out one she liked.

He was very beer knowledgeable which, in VA, is extremely rare unless you're a brewmaster. I've had several servers/bartenders argue with me over certain beers and what styles they are but this guy was ON POINT.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Cozy pub on magazine st”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice cozy little pub on magazine street. Try some of their signature beers as well as the bar food. The fire pit outside is pretty cool as well.

New Orleans
“Two Bull Dog's, both great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Bull Dog is a great place for a beer or cocktail. It is attractive, cozy, big, and friendly. A top notch place to be with a crew of friends.

Visited July 2013
Moncton, Canada
“Very rude staff member”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I went to The Bulldog for lunch on Wednesday, October 23. After realizing that there was no table service, my sister went inside the bar (we were sitting in the courtyard) to get a menu as none could be found outside. She asked the "gentleman" that was at the order counter for a menu. He answers " let's see how long it takes the stupid lady to find them". She sees them, takes one and then this "gentleman" makes another remark about how smart she was to find them. My sister told him what she thought of his attitude and came outside to join us and tell us what happened. Needless to say, we left. We have better places to spend our hard earned vacation money.

This was my family's 1st time in New Orleans, my 6th. And here I am telling them about how nice people are in NO. Thankfully, this guy is an exception, but should not be anywhere around people.

• Visited October 2013
Columbia, Missouri, USA
“great place to watch a game!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Huge selection of beer and in a great location on Magazine Street. Liked the feel of the pub and many tvs to watch your favorite team

Visited October 2013