“Wonderful TastyTapas-Best kept secret” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #646 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Tapas
Florida
“Wonderful TastyTapas-Best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wide variety of hot and cold tapas all delicious...the lamb chop was to die for. Great service. My daughter and her family has eaten there 4-times and kept telling me that I would love it. They were right...I love the restaurant, the FOOD of course, the decor and the service. Great experience. Cannot wait to go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good tapas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Actually I wanna give 4 points but my husband said 3 points. We ate different items for our dinner at Cafe Granada so probably that explains why. I had the clams, gazpacho, Sopa D'Amaresco (seafood in delicate saffron broth), and clams catalan, they were all very good for me. My husband got chorizo and duck confit. He thinks they are 3 points ok. I am the one who ate all the seafood and i think the seafood items were 4 points. So probably the seafood items there are on the better side then. I would wanna go there again if I am ever in NOLA again.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, TN
“Great Tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

lots of hot and cold tapas and good entrees as well. I had a lamb morrocan tajine that was fantastic. Others in party had the various tapas or lamb chop entree. All excellent. A plus is that they are family (young children) friendly without being overrun, loud and chaotic. A very good experience.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, LA
“Go for the 2-for-1 Margaritas during Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Cafe Granada is one of New Orleans' best kept secret. I've never been disappointed in their food or service. The best time to go is in the afternoon during Happy Hour, when margaritas are 2-for-1, and some tapas are half off (or at least a few dollars off menu price). We always get an assortment of seafood - the steamed mussels in spicy tomato sauce, the calamari with loads of garlic, and the clams - everything is fresh and tasty. The fried goat cheese balls in mango ginger sauce is out of this world - we never fail to eat at least two plates of those. The menu is extensive, the outdoor seating is perfect for watching streetcars clang by, and the wait staff is friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“nice tapas -- you can try it all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

I've been to Granada only once, but passed it a million times. It is very nice inside -- a more elegant atmosphere than the neighboring restaurant choices -- a great place for a date, or dinner with parents. The food is very good -- we liked everything we tried (and between 3 of us, we managed to order like 12 different things and were STUFFED/couldn't finish it all). The sangria is very good with big chunks of fruit! I hope to go back soon -- there are just so many restaurants in New Orleans!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere