“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mother Cluckers
132 Carondelet St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2502 (Central Business District)
(504) 558-0099
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Austin, Texas
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

I stopped by about 7:30 PM (they close at 8 PM) for a chicken sandwich. The first indication this would be a place I liked was they had whole wheat as an option - the first place I had found during my 3 day stay.

The fried chicken sandwich was all I ordered (other than drink) but was enough for me to determine the overall quality of the food. I had ordered the "extra hot sauce" on the side which I normally do. First I tried the meat without sauce and it was very good. The breading was not heavy in nature and was well seasoned.

While eating I had a great conversation with the people running the place. When I mentioned I liked the sauce, the lady offered to take the sandwich back and toss the meat. Once returned the meat, sauce, bread combination was outstanding.

Of course good food is the focus, but I would like also to compliment the overall attitude of the restaurant and will certainly return next time I'm in New Orleans. Also, they didn't seem interested in trying to rush me out so they could close since it was a Monday night in the business district.