“My Favorite Sushi Place with a Great View!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mandeville, LA
“My Favorite Sushi Place with a Great View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We went went out on a weekday evening. Service was great. My drink always stayed full. This place has an awesome view overlooking St. Charles Street. You can watch people walking by while the street cars are running. I had miso soup, a half-serving edamame, an order of crunchy rolls (the best crunchy rolls I've had at anywhere), and a half-order of rock 'n' rolls (the tastiest of any type of roll I've ever had anywhere). It was a light meal for me. :-) The only thing I didn't care for too much was that the edamame was a tad salty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, LA
“Awesome Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Fantastic!: This restaurant is amazing! A bunch of us went before prom my senior year and it was my first experience at a Japanese restaurant. I loved it! The food and service were excellent. It was so cool watching the chefs prepare the food right in front of you. Highly Recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“Awesome sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Awesome sushi, great place on St. Charles Ave for sushi. The habachi dinner was incredable, what a show the kids loved it.
The service was great, nice people. I'll be back. Thumbs Up.

New Orleans
“Don't Bother - DRAMA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

This is the actual email that I sent to the company.

I am so sorry to have to report this to you.

I have eaten at Miyako many times and have been messed over twice to my knowledge. The first time my friend and I ordered steak and so did some other people at our table. The staff only cooked 1 order of steak for 3 people (my friend and I split one order). It was only when we started talking at the table the truth came out. The staff was very apologetic, compensated us in some manner and we all moved on with our lives.

However, this incident was even worse. We order what we always order - 2 fried rice and an order of the FILET MIGNON with chicken. What we were served was not filet, first of all. It was chewy, tasted funny and was not good. When the lady came around and asked me if everything was ok I said no. She then called the woman who was working behind the bar (Sunday night, June 29th, 2008 around 7:30 p.m.). She gave me flack from the beginning and could not have cared less about my opinion. She told me that the steak came from Sysco and that's the "way beef is now." I told her that what I had was not filet. (I spit most of it out and my friend didn't even eat hers.) She said I essentially needed to get over it. At that point my friend visited the restroom where she overheard the woman employee at the bar saying if I "caused a scene then maybe she would do something about it." I paid the bill and left no tip because she was rude.

By the way, another person who was with our party said that her raw salmon was served warm, the rice was hard and it was gross as well and oh she vomited on the way home.

just the truth. Sorry.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great lunch prices. Dinner is a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

Great lunch prices. Dinner is a little pricey.