“Miss this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Au Lait

Cafe Au Lait
307 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2216 (French Quarter)
(504) 528-9933
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Virginia
“Miss this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I was just updating my resume, and since 2005 it has said this about Cafe Au Lait: "Post-Hurricane Katrina this restaurant no longer exists".. thought I would check to see if that was still true, and I guess it is. I really loved this place to work and to eat, good cajun food plus old fashioned breakfast food with grits, good sandwiches and burgers, good coffee drinks, great waffles like someone else said. Hope all my cafe au lait crew made it through the storm that year, I was already in Michigan by then, havent heard from any yall since.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

We also wandered across this by accident, and were so happy we did! You can get a full breakfast---eggs, toast, grits, ham or bacon, waffles....whatever you want! It's all quick and easy, and the two employees out front this past weekend were SO obviously enjoying their jobs...it reflected in the food! The only drawback is that it's a small space, so you may have to wait until a table clears...but well worth it for such a nice breakfast to start your French Quarter day off right!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Waffles!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2004

Fantastic waffles to be had here! I ran across this little unassuming cafe one Saturday morning a few years ago on the hunt for an inexpensive, but tasty breakfast. After taking one look at their simple but extensive menu and seeing that the place was filled with locals I figured it must be good and I wasn't wrong. Their waffles are among the best I've ever eaten. The prices are reasonable, the service quick and the portions are great. I travel to NO a few times a year for pleasure and this little cafe has now become a regular stop for me when I'm there.