“AH-MAZING!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Atchafalaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laural Street
Transit: Magazine Street and Louisiana Ave, Louisiana Ave and Tchoupitoulas Bus Stops.
Oakland, California
“AH-MAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Try the pork special and the cream cheese grits!! There's a bloody mary "bar" where you get a glass of vodka and you get to choose which mix and extras to add to personalize your spicy drink!

Visited January 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“An awesome joint...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I love this restaurant. So many classic New Orleans type dishes. I brought some friends from Texas here in town for jazz fest and they absolutely loved it. A+

And the owner Tony is a cool dude. Keeps things running right.

Houma, Louisiana
“Very accomodating staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had our family Christmas get-together here and were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful service we received. We had a very large party of 17 so I was not hopeful that we would be easily served. I was wrong. We were split into 2 large tables and assigned 2 servers. This worked out beautifully. Our food did not take long at all and was cooked to perfection. We will definitely be back! The eggs Atchafalaya are amazing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I decided to come on a day we were visiting places shown on the series American Horror Story. In a scene from the third episode, Fiona and Madison are shown having lunch here. I can say I was truly blown away by our experience. We each had a cocktail. I got the Cranberry Sidecar which was made with a house made spiced cranberry syrup. It was the 3rd best drink I've ever had in my life (top two being at the French 75 bar which is impossible to compete with.) We ordered off the Prix Fixe menu which offered three soup, entree and dessert options for only $20! The soup de jour was a sweet potato coconut curry which my husband opted for. I tried the gumbo. Both soups we great. My husband liked the gumbo way more, so I happily traded with him. I ordered the cochon de lait sandwich for my entree. It was amazing! Topped with delicious slaw and a jalapeño aioli that didn't make it too spicy at all. For dessert I got chocolate cake and my husband got tiramisu. The cake was yummy but please get the tiramisu!! It is otherworldly! The waitstaff was super friendly and very professional! We came in just being American Horror Story fans, but left being big Atchafalaya fans too.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Fried Green Tomatoes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The only down side was how long it took for our drinks to arrive but the food more than made up for that. ;)

The shrimp and grits was delicious; the crispy grit cake was a lovely change from the usual creamy presentation. The grape tomatoes burst with smokey flavor.

The fried green tomatoes were fantastic, crispy on the outside and hot and juicy inside.