“Phenomenal appetizers, pizza and pasta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dante's Pizza

Dante's Pizza
401 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2230 (French Quarter)
(504) 561-8670
Improve this listing
Ranked #916 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Virginia
“Phenomenal appetizers, pizza and pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

My wife and I stopped into Dante's on Decatur late one night on our honeymoon. We picked up a pizza, and it was half gone before we had completed our walk back to the Hilton. I've grown up with great pizza - New York, Chicago, Greek - and I know great food when I taste it. We went back once more before our vacation was over, and ordered fetuccine alfredo, for a quick sit-down meal. We also ordered the fried mozzarella - and this is the best part of the trip! Dante's fried mozzarella is something to behold. It is as if they sliced a thick wedge of cheese directly off of a block, put it into a sandwich, and then battered and fried it. The pieces you get are well over 1.5" thick, have a great fluffy and flavorful breading, and are the perfect texture. We will definitely be stopping by when we visit NOLA again for our 5yr!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best pizza ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

If you haven't tried this pizza you don't know what you are missing!! This is the absolute best pizza in the state of New Orleans. I've had pizza in Italy and this pizza beats it by a mile. Whether you're drunk or sober there is no pizza that surpasses Dante's...especially at 3am. :)