“Good, not great. Too many other options to settle for Forrest.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
429 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035 (French Quarter)
504-522-5860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #497 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Estevan, SK
“Good, not great. Too many other options to settle for Forrest.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The service was quite good on our visit. Our waiter was funny and attentive. We enjoyed playing Movie trivia with other patrons. The food was pretty mundane. You could find the same items on almost any menu in town, but probably with more flare elsewhere. They did have local beer on tap which was nice (other chains we visited did not...)

For a predictable chain experience, this place will meet expectations. With so many unique, authentic new Orleans restaurants just a few steps away I would encourage those looking for more culinary adventure to keep walking past Bubba Gumps.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Drinks and Merch only Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I collect pins from places I've been. I am very allergic to shrimp.... But I did see a pin so the obvious thing to do is stop and have a drink ! We were immediately greeted by 2 bartenders. I didn't get the guys name but the female bartender was Pandora. Both bartenders were very nice and they offered suggestions for drinks. I ordered an Abita and my wife ordered the Mango Mojito. My beer was very cold and she enjoyed her Mojito as well. My wife told the bartender that it was our wedding anniversary trip and the bartenders GAVE us a small shot (invented one) to celebrate. Although the food would make me itch... The drinks and bar staff are great.

Visited October 2012
Naples, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were disappointed in both the food and the service at this well-known restaurant. We popped in for lunch, the server didn't adequately answer our questions about the menu, the food was greasy, and not really anything outstanding. You can get the same thing at any restaurant throughout the city.

Visited October 2012
Midland, Texas
“Food was just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the worst meal we had while visiting New Orleans, saying that is wasn't horrible, but it's wasn't great either. Just ok. It was kind of pricey and the portions were small compared to what everyone else gives you in the area. The service was ok too, not overly great but our waiter was friendly enough. They should try to step up their game, because a popular name can only take you so far in a city like New Orleans. I would not eat here again. I loved the one in New York City.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband's name is Forrest, so you have to understand that it's part of the reason why I love Buba Gump's :) I really enjoy the food there but it's a bit pricey and so we don't go often. But when we do go.. I always get the crawfish pasta. It is SO good! And make sure you visit the store, too!