“A little Slice of Paris on Magazine Street” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Martinique Bistro

Martinique Bistro
5908 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115-3221 (Audubon)
(504) 891-8495
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Martinique Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 1,606 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Eclectic, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Audubon
Cross street: Eleonore
Transit: We are located one block from the Nashville bus stop and nine blocks from the Nashville streetcar stop.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A little Slice of Paris on Magazine Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Recently moved back to Uptown New Orleans and we are 3 blocks from Martinique Bistro on Magazine Street. Had friends in from out of town and wanted to do a nice dinner, but easy. So, walked to the Restaurant and was delighted with the entire experience. Great Ambiance, Great Menu selections, Excellent Wine list. Good prices. Portions a wee bit too small for me, but I am 6'4". What was served is delicious, I had the scallops. I asked fellow diners around the small intimate dining room what they were having so I could get an idea what to order next time - like all New Orleanians, people were happy to share. A number of people from Metairie who do the long drive for the food. Kevin Costner came in that night to dine ~ surprise. One thing - the bread - need to do something about the bread. Why do some great restaurants always have just basic bread with cold butter - need to bump that up for perfect in my book

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
New Orleans, Louisiana
“great food and a great patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The specials are fantastic and the patio is beautiful on cool nights. We have been several times and never a disappointment. Great fish dishes and salads. It is very hard to park in this area, so a cab may be a better idea.

Visited June 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Mixed Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife & I ate there recently for the first time, and liked it well enough to try it again. We ate outside in the garden-like patio, which is covered and filled with live plants - a lovely setting. The service was good, as was most of the food. Their seafood gumbo was tasty. My wife had the shrimp and vermicelli with mango squash, which was a heavenly dish. I had a salad and the fish special, which was grilled black drum - a lovely, firm white fish. Both came covered with sunflower sprouts, which I didn't care for, and I found the fish rather tasteless.
The young waiter was inexperienced, but attentive, and the hostess/manager(?) checked on us.
We'll probably visit again sometime when we are in New Orleans, because we really liked the atmosphere and my wife's food was delicious. I may have been unduly influenced by the sunflower sprouts.

Visited June 2013
Northern Neck, Virginia
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Food was inventive, delicious. Service impeccable. Garden setting beautiful. Wine list lovely. I highly recommend this restaurant, which is not a tourist trap. You get a lovely meal in an inviting ambiance.

Visited April 2013
Boston, MA
“A bit of a haul but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've eaten here about four times, during Jazz Fest. The restaurant is way out of the downtown area, so you need a car or cab to get there. By car you then have to deal with parking, on the street, and it's often tight, but we've always found a spot. It's in a nice neighborhood, so no worries about that. They have a lovely patio, which is decidedly the best option. There are heaters if it is cool. The food is consistently good. And it's actually possible to get a res here on Saturday night during Jazz Fest less than a week in advance.

This time we had the Double Thyme and La Reine des Epices cocktails, both good. They did a great job with the barbecued oysters app, since the oysters were barely cooked (yes!), out of the shell, in a delicious sauce that did not, surprise!, overpower the oysters. The salmon, beet, arugula, goat cheese salad tower was lovely and delicious. The duck confit salad was good but the confit was a bit mild, though tender. The scallops main course and the Hawaiian barramundi were both delicious, and even the gnocchi garnish was light. Decent wine selection and good service. Overall a very good meal.

• Visited May 2013