“Never Disappoints” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lilette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 1,516 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, International, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Antonine
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have dined at Lilette many times. I think this restaurant has a special charm. I love going there with my husband for date night. It is a small bistro on Magazine street, filled with local diners engaged in spirited conversation and eating very good food. I have never had a dish here I didn't enjoy. Good food, wonderful service, charming bistro on my very favorite street.

• Visited May 2014

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Simply the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Everything was perfect!!! From the wine to the starters to the entree to the dessert!! We frequent New Orleans often and have eaten at just about every restaurant and this one is now in our top 5 in New Orleans. The service was great, food was fresh and cooked to perfection and everything was tasty. There is a reason Chef Harris has won award after award....and it is proven with every dish that is delivered to your table. The restaurant is loud and small but the food makes you really not care. Take my advice and give this place a try...if you know good food, I know you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
msy
“Uptown Staple for Foodies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Chef John Harris can flat out cook and although this spot has only been open 14 years it's a staple for New Orleans uptown foodies. It's an elegant and modern dining room with food and service that aims to please. I'm guilty of often going to his swank craft cocktail bar, Bouligny Tavern next door for more casual dining but Lilette is a great spot with the food almost always being on. I couldn't decide to give this one a 4 or a 5 but the peer pressure of it's popularity and the diligence of Chef John Harris makes me feel comfortable giving it the 5!!

Visited April 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

In any other city this would be a 5 star restaurant but not New Orleans. With all the other amazing options even in the Garden District I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed in what was a very good meal. Everything felt just a little too safe, which isn't what you come to expect in NO. The apps were very good. I got the white truffle toast, husband got the crudo plate. My duck was nice, but didn't compare to the lamb the night before at La Petite Grocery down the street, which I would recommend. My husband's steak was prepared nicely but overall he was disappointed in his entree with the fries being a low note. Drinks and desert were good. Our dinner was easily better than all but one meal we've had in St. Louis this year but not what we expected for the money here. If you are a tourist I wouldn't waste one of your few dinners here, maybe lunch if you are in the area. If you are a local who has already tried all the other great choices in the area it is worth checking out.

London, United Kingdom
“Fine dining in the Garden District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Got there on a whim a lunchtime and had some of the finest food in New Orleans. Ate at the bar and it was quiet at that time of the day. Nice restaurant and bar, very good wine list. A lot of surprising small plates and dishes.

• Visited May 2014