“Great family neighborhood restraint.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Great family neighborhood restraint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Here we has some of the best fried eggplant sticks and Veal Parmesan.
The service was very good and the food came our hot and quick.

Visited November 2013

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nice getaway from the tourist havens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Great po' boys. My wife had the muffalata and it was the best we've ever had. I had the shrimp and oyster po' boy and it was excellent. We started with the delicious crab claws and awesome onion rings. Gumbo was a good traditional mild dish. The veal parmagian was the best our cousin ever had. Highly recommend venturing over to this place.

Visited November 2013
San Antonio
“Shrimp remoulade brought us here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were told that Mandina's is THE place for shrimp remoulade, and it was! The muffuletta was fabulous, too (huge - we split it and still couldn't finish it). I don't think I've ever had such a good muffuletta. My husband had crab fingers, done in a wine sauce, and he loved it.

The only downside: I'm not sure if the Bloody Mary had any vodka in it.

We took the streetcar to Mandina's, and that made our visit even more charming. The whole experience was a lovely way to get off the beaten tourist path and enjoy a different neighborhood.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good variety and economy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A favorite locally, we chose to eat here twice. Lots of different foods and meal offerings. Good bar and decent service. It can be crowded, but our one time wait was only 20 minutes and we walked right in the second time. Folks here seem to eat a little early, so a later time is better. Plenty of parking, right on Canal. Give it a try, not gourmet, but very good and plenty of it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, MS
“I love this place. It's 100% Old New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I don't get here on every trip but I try. My favorite Po boy when I lived here was an italian sausage, dressed po boy. Mandina's still has them when the other places seem to have left them off the menus. But that's just the sandwich. Mandina's is so much more. It's a slice of old New Orleans. From the wait staff outfits to the accents. The food is tasty but even more than that, it's what we eat. Spaghetti w meatballs and veal parm to turtle soup and steaks. Just good food that make me feel good.

• Visited August 2013