“Best meal in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
August is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, International, Eclectic
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Gravier
allentown
“Best meal in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My son and I were in New Orleans for a long weekend. We had the opportunity to dine at August and Commanders Palace. The atmosphere and service were excellent at both restaurants. We both felt our meals were significantly better at August.

St. Charles
“Friday Lunch-don't miss it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The food was great- The prefixe lunch included an amuse bouche, appetizer,entree,dessert and truffles. All was so good. I would ask to be seated in the main dining room. We were back in the wine room and it is dark and not as much going on. Some might prefer that though. Service was good.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went for New Years Eve. Service was good, food was OK, but it just wasn't the fantastic place it was cranked up to be. We had a wonderful table, and were pretty let down by the end of Revillion dinner.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Miss.
“Elegant setting, exquisite food, impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stepped into August on one of those rare cold evenings in New Orleans. The sun had set outside, and the wind had picked up. I'd been pulling my sweater around me as I hurried the last few blocks to the restaurant.

Entering the front door was like walking into a full cognac glass. The restaurant features warm amber lighting and a wood paneled bar. Smartly outfitted waiters flit around like butterflies among the white tablecloths, laughing with guests while they make excellent menu recommendations.

My dining companion and I settled in, ordered cocktails, and chose fish entrees. The food was wonderful - artfully presented, reasonably portioned, and delicious. Before too long, we were full and happy.

In a celebratory mood, we decided to order dessert. Unable to limit ourselves to only two choices, we selected three: a banana pudding, a chocolate king cake, and a Meyer lemon tart/souffle. All were gratefully consumed!

Prices are high, but value is as well. For your money, you'll receive a golden, delicious evening during which you are in very capable, careful hands. Highly recommended.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our fuel provider took my husband and myself to August for my birthday and it was wonderful! The service was excellent and the food very good. I would recommend the gnocchi and the duck! I know a good part of any great meal is the company and ours was the best!