“Had to do it twice” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Had to do it twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had dinner here first night in town, the rib eye and stuffed pork with sides. Very tasty. As was the praline bacon. Returned for a late breakfast a few days later. More of the praline bacon. I had the bananas foster stuffed French toast and my friend had the catfish 'n grits. So good! Busy place, very "local vibe" to it. Friendly service both visits. Add it to the top of your list.

London, United Kingdom
“Too Clever?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had a French Toast Burrito - scrambled eggs, praline bacon and sausage, artfully encased in a burrito which was drizzled with maple syrup. The scrambled eggs were rubbery and the individual ingredients would have been better separate than packaged together. The dish was a clever concoction but the sum amounted to less than the parts. My wife enjoyed a soft shell crab with scrambled eggs. The menu offered a range of dishes with an additional ingredient like eggs florentine with oysters. I believe Elizabeth's confuses complexity with sophistication - however I fear I am in a unique minority. The restaurant is incredibly popular and seems full of happy customers. The staff are charming and the artwork is interesting. $6 for four strips of praline bacon looks like a very profitable way to run a business.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were fortunate that we stopped here whilst doing our morning cycle tour with Confederacy of Cruisers. At the stop we were treated to a sample of the praline bacon. Whilst this is an unusual, tasty treat I am not sure how you would eat a full serve.
Anyway, after seeing the restaurant on the tour we decided to return later that day for lunch. It is a bit off the beaten track but ended up being a 20-25 min walk from our Hotel in the French Quarter. I am glad that we did come back. It was a really enjoyable lunch. The waitress was really laid back and friendly and the food was delivered promptly. Prices were reasonable and serves were large.
My son had a cheeseburger whilst I had a catfish poboy. Both came with fries and both were excellent. The restaurant has colourful decor and it was a comfortable place to enjoy a really good lunch.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Jolla, California
“Bywater Gem serves up wonderful home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

It's been awhile since we've visited Nola and one of our most delightful surprises was this Bywater spot with the floating pig by the door.

We came with high expectations after at least 4 locals recommended this restaurant. Sure enough, it didn't disappoint. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere with it's funky, folk art vibe was delightful.

After a short wait of about 10 minutes we were seated upstairs for brunch. The food was amazing. I had a ghetto fabulous mimosa with Cava and my husband had a spicy Bloody Mary. It was hard to decide what to order- the plates served around us all looked tempting- especially the Bananas Foster pain perdu- I finally settled on Eggs Elizabeth (poached eggs on toast with ham & hollandaise)My husband had eggs and biscuits with signature praline bacon. Both came with cheese grits. Our friend had delicious fried chicken livers.

We really enjoyed our brunch here but I was somewhat hesitant to post a review. One of the charms of this place is it's decidedly local feel.

But I guess it's far enough away from the quarter to keep it from being overrun. That's good news because Elizabeth's is a wonderful little restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This place doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is grand! Make sure you try a few of their interesting appetizers. There is a small parking lot just across the street from the restaurant.

Visited February 2014