“Restaurant, bistro and bar - choose it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar

Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar
813 Bienville St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3121 (French Quarter)
504-523-5433
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Bourbon & Dauphine Streets
Transit: Near Streetcar Line
SP - Brazil
“Restaurant, bistro and bar - choose it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

At Bienvile st. corner with Bourbon st. there's a complex called Arnaud's, with Restaurant, bistro and bar, of your choice. I had dinner at the restaurant and by the pictures at the hall I wasn't the first famous people (joking) to get there. Presidents, actors and others did the same and they were not wrong as the food is one of the best in town. There's a special for 40,00 including soup, meat or seafood and dessert.

Visited May 2013

“Best meal of the week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed 4 days in New Orleans and ate at a big New Orleans' restaurant each night. Arnaud's was one of our favorite meals of the long weekend. Our server was excellent - first class. The food was excellent and much more reasonably priced than the other big name restaurants. It did not seem overly touristy either. I really enjoy shrimp and grits and was surprised to see Arnaud's using fried shrimp. "Louisiana shrimp flash fried and served with garlic Meunière butter and creamy stone ground grits" Wow, it was great. The Chicken and Andouille Gumbo was perfect as was the Crème Brûlée. My wife loved the beautifully presented Crabmeat Karen ("Delectable Louisiana crabmeat and mushrooms baked in puff pastry. Served with White Wine Sauce"). The atmosphere was very nice in the main dining room. We were very pleased.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NewJersey
“A wonderful last night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had been with my family 40 years ago to Arnauds and remembered vividly the Flaming Cherries Jubilee and the display of Mardi Gras dresses. Today the cherries have been replaced by Bananas Foster! A most delicious dinner - I got the trio of their favorite dishes. We ate in the Jazz room (no jacket required) and a nice jazz group played background music - and I mean background so that conversations could still be had. Very attentive service - a wonderful place to end our 4 days in NOLA

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
White Lake, Michigan
“Great Experience at Arnauds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The service was great, very attentive. The wine list was great. The food was also very tasty. We had the allegator sausage, escargot, I had the Drum fish and the crepe dessert was one of the best I ever had. They also had a 3 piece band playing around the tables. Overall it was a great experience.

Visited May 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“You won't be disappointed!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Arnaud's the week of jazz fest, so we had a later reservation but it was worth the wait. We had some apps that were great, one was the house specialty, but I can't remember what it was called. I had the entree with foie gras mousse, very tasty! The other I was with each had a grilled fish and it was also very good. Their drinks were pretty good as well, and they had a really good wine list. We didn't have dessert, but the coffee was a nice ending to a delicious meal. I'd go back there in a heart beat!! :-)

• Visited April 2013