“Still fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chartres Street
Cleveland, Ohio
“Still fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

Recently had opportunity to dine at NOLA again. I had been there in December 2004. The food, the drink, & the service were wonderful. On my next trip to New Orleans I will make it a point to dine there again.

Hopkins, SC
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

My husband and I dined there on June 27, 2007. We did not have reservations, but were seated quickly due to the early time. If you plan to eat after six, you need reservations. Service was exemplary and the food was very good. Highly recommend. Hope to the eat there again on our next trip to New Orleans.

baltimore, maryland
“don't waste your time or money at NOLA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

we had a party of 7 for Father's Day, 6/17/07. people were from baltimore, dfw and richmond, virginia. we had a terrible waiter. we choose to eat in a european fashion and order one course at a time because people's taste change from one course to the other and we want a 3 hour experience when we spend $500 on a meal.

the waiter refused to let us order appetizers without ordering our entrees because he said that was the chef's requirement. we ordered the appetizer's and told him he wasn't going to get the entrees ordered until we wanted to. he then proclaimed that our food would probably be late because of doing that. in the future, if this happens to you, immediately ask to speak with the chef or the manager.

the food was late. the restaurant has absolutely no ambiance or character. from the looks of the place you wouldn't even know you were in new orleans.

the food was good but it started out and ended with all 7 of us agreeing that it was a terrible experience. go to Arnaud's instead.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very Good and Off Bourbon Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

Was one of my faves from my recent trip to New Orleans. A really excellent staff. Very good food in mid range for New Orleans. Make reservations. We had no trouble in making reservations during the week even with a group of 5. Located about mid way between Bourbon and Riverwalk so off the traffic of Bourbon Street.

Florida
“Living up to Emeril's Fame”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

I have lived in NOLA for three years before Katrina but never made it to any of Emeril's restaurants. So I made a point of visiting the NOLA restaurant this weekend because it was my final trip to clear our my previous home and say good-bye to the city for good. I did the research on this site based on the reviews from other users and decided my husband and I would have lunch on Saturday and plan a day in the French Quarter around it.

The food was SPECTACULAR! Of course, there are many other wonderful restaurants in New Orleans, both hole-in-the-wall and top-of-the-line. But I give credit to NOLA for living up to its fame and holding its own in the city of foodies. Taking advantage of the lunch menu, we tried: Mango Mojito, Stuffed Chicken Wings, Crabcake, the Fried chicken, and Shrimp and grits. Everything was wonderful and the service was as mentioned by other members. Three wait staff waited on you and when the entrees were served, they made a point of presenting all the plates simultaneously for all guests at the table. It was a small gesture, but it did stand out from all other restaurants.

The restaurant is pretty casual and has a great ambience - bright, cozy, energetic. The location is convenient to the tourists because it is only a few blocks away frorm the Jackson Square. It was a perfect itinerary to have lunch and visit the Quarter afterwards. I would highly recommend this restaurant!