“Unbelievable flavor and fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chartres Street
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Unbelievable flavor and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had been to NO many times but long ago...Went to a conference for 7 days back in nov and Nola was the only Emril restaurant we hadn't tried .... Amazing....with all the awesome places in NO we ate there 3 nights during our 7 day stay!! We went the first night and had an amazing bisque, salad, shared some crazy yummy duck pizza and Big Easy wine....sat at the bars tools facing the kitchen and was in awe about the symphony that was going on in such a small place! Went back the next night just for wine and popcorn dessert that the pizza oven cook gave us a sampling of the night before. Raved to everyone and ended up going back a 3rd night with yet a 3rd amazing meal and experience bringing the group we were with. they are still raving about that nights fun! Prior to Nola experience, we always said Delmonico was our hands down best dining experience....Nola is more upbeat, less formal but the food is just as good! A must!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic. Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While in town for the Superbowl (very busy) i had lunch and dinnet at Nola. I must say it was a very nice experience. The food is amazing. We sampled some dishes and the restaurant accommodated that brilliantly. The Drum fish (with garlic crumbs, straight out of the wood oven) is wonderfull but so are the soups and the shrips & grits. During dinner we also had the duck which apparently is prepared in a special way. Service was on both occasions impeccable. Great winelist. This restaurant is highly recommended. Go there but make reservations in order to avoid disappointments.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brenham, Texas
“Love the vibe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hip restaurant is always rocking! Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere! Be sure to make a reservation!

Visited May 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Super Bowl Weekend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to NOLA on Friday of Super Bowl weekend at 2:15, and was told that they were closed. Although there were about 25 people on the first floor dining. I guess they close from 2-5 each day? We came back on Saturday, waited an hour for table at 1:30, (expected for Super Bowl weekend). However, the service was terrible, we waited so long for the waiter to come back to take our wine order, that we really thought we already ordered. The service continued to get worse from there. With all the hype for an Emeril restaurant, I expected alot more for the food. First, they were out of two of the specials at 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon. They were out of the Hamburger!! Didn't they expect to sell some on Super Bowl weekend? Next we ordered soup, which was good, but was only warm. I don't understand how soup can't be hot when you get it? Now for the Entrees. Two of us ordered the Filets, medium, however it was well done to such a point that I could only eat half of it. The fish - Drum, was too breaded with little flavor. However, the fried chicken was tasty. We would have sent the steaks back, but the waiter was no where to be seen after they were delivered, but since the food took so long, it was just time to leave. Overall, I think it's very over-rated.

“This Emeril's location is AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As a walk in traveling solo the staff seated me at the first opening (maybe 3 minute wait) at the dining bar at the kitchen. The food was incredible (I have eaten at six of Emeril's restaurants and this one is tops!), the entertainment (a young lady from Chicagoland was managing the brick oven orders including the mussels I ordered) and the ambiance was New Orleans all the way. My meal was a collection of items from the menu.

I had a Pocket Bread, warmed in the oven with olive oil and some herbs. It was sinfully delicious. For dinner I had a wedge salad ala Emeril with oven roasted Prince Edward mussels. The food was "get outta here" delicious.

The meal was so good, though I had no room for more dessert overpowered my reason and I ate the Creme Broulee Trio. It too was five stars all the way.

I am so happy with this dining spot I will most definitely return, this time with my spouse who will be as delighted as was I. I "guarantee" it!

Visited January 2013