“Elegant restaurant. Limited menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Muriel's Jackson Square

Muriel's Jackson Square
801 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3206 (French Quarter)
504-568-1885
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,613 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
“Elegant restaurant. Limited menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014 NEW via mobile

Elegant little restaurant near Jackson Square. A little pricey. Food was good but limited menu options. Service was good. Glad we tried it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A window table - an outstanding server - superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 NEW

I was in NOLA for business and had dinner with a colleague turned friend. He was in charge of reservations and chose well. I think I'd been to Muriel's on one other trip - with a larger group. Much nicer with just one friend, at a window table (where a second line for a wedding went by), with a superb server (David L., who it turns out knew a mutual friend of ours, discovered during an interesting food conversation!), eating great food and drinking lovely wine.

On the recommendation from my friend, I had the goat cheese and shrimp crepes. They were perfect in every way. That night, the special soup was a mushroom soup that had a bit of a 'tang' to it and was so delish. Even on a hot, steamy summer night in New Orleans, the cool restaurant was a perfect place for soup.

I was undecided about other items - knew that I wanted a 3rd appetizer and David chose, of those I considered, the Savory Gorgonzola Cheesecake. Oh the flavors blended together. My entire dinner worked.

My friend had escargot Orleans, then tournedos of beef with blue cheese mashed potatoes. I tasted the latter and it was all good.

It does get noisy when busy. If you sit near a window, it helps to feel more private!

I recommended Muriels' to a colleague in town for the same meeting. He went two nights later and also loved it.

We skipped dessert to go to my friend's for that. Looking at the menu, I might start there first next time.

Montreal, Canada
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014 NEW

What a great restaurant! Someone from New Orleans recommended this restaurant and they were right on. The food was excellent and the ambiance was great.

We had pecan encrusted drum and bouillabaisse ... DELICIOUS!

The waitress also told us that this restaurant has some haunted areas. They let us go upstairs to the "red room" to check out the ghosts... but we didn't see, feel or hear them.

This is a beautiful restaurant with truly good food .... don't forget to ask for access to the red room. Maybe you'll meet the ghosts.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Restaurant in the French Quarters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014 NEW

I had read several reviews about Muriel's service not being up to par but decided to try it anyway. I can say that if they had service issues, they have corrected them. We were seated early (ahead of our reservation time) and the service was impeccable. It is a very nice restaurant in a perfect location.

My only criticism would be the limited menu. Many of the New Orleans favorites are missing but what is there is very good.

Santa Clarita, California
“Good food, cute rooms and a ghost!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014 NEW

I went to multiple restaurants and this was the only place where the server actually brought out a birthday candle for me so I'm a little biased but I have to say overall this place exceeded my expectations.

After a let down experience at Commanders Palace I was worried any other fancy place would disappoint but I enjoyed my food and the service here.

Food was yummy. Decor was beautiful. Multiple dining areas with different romantic looks.

Service was fast and friendly. The server even personally walked us upstairs into the seance room where a past owner hung himself and is reported to still haunt the grounds. And please...if you eat here you MUST make your way up there! It completes the whole experience.

Our waiter even told us we could hang out on the balcony for as long as we wanted. Everyone was very kind. Loved it!