“Awesome atmosphere and delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muriel's Jackson Square

Muriel's Jackson Square
801 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3206 (French Quarter)
504-568-1885
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,607 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Atascadero, California
“Awesome atmosphere and delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 NEW

We visited New Orleans labor day weekend. I read the reviews for Muriel's. What a treat. We had a variety of appetizers as we weren't hungry enough for a full meal everything was delicious. My favorite was the dessert; bread pudding was amazing. We didn't have time but the waitress offered for us I take a look around upstairs at the historic building. It is a beautiful site with an interior garden room. A must visit while staying in New Orleans.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Orleans
“Food wonderful, service great, but you can get in Muriels looking like you just slopped the hogs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 NEW

Went to Muriels Saturday night, both locals, guy sitting next to us had on faded t shirt featuring a deer with a gun pointed at his head, cut off jeans and sneakers that looked like he had just slopped the hogs before boarding the plane for New Orleans! What in the world are they thinking letting a person in a fine dining restaurant dressed like a slob while enjoying fine wine, a delicious mean and hopefully scintillating conversation! Horrible! Tourists, when dinning in a nice restaurant like Galatoires, Antoines etc you dress for the occasion. It is inappropriate to dress like a yahoo when dining at a fine restaurant like Muriels. Michelle was our server and she was wonderful and the food great, but gotta pan the whole experience. Most fine dining establishments in New Orleans would NOT allow this. Muriels you don't have to pander to the yahoos! Wish I had taken a photo!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Went back a second time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 NEW

We stopped in Muriel's to sit at the bar because their sign outside advertised burned sage margaritas, and ended up there for an hour, enjoying margaritas and dessert. In fact, we decided to stop back the next day, because the quality of the food and drinks, as well as the atmosphere, was top notch. The burned sage margaritas were every bit as good as they had sounded, and their drinks menu was extensive (I stuck with the burned sage margaritas!). We ended up having dessert both days and they have quite a few good ones. The next time I am in New Orleans I plan to have dinner at Muriel's, but for now I can highly recommend a stop at the bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Fine dining with outstanding desserts.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 NEW

I feel like if I were more sophisticated I would have rated this restaurant as "excellent" instead of just "very good". I will explain. My husband and I chose Muriel's because it was next door to our hotel and had many excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Also, who wouldn't love a restaurant that leaves a table available for the resident ghost?! We arrived around 5:30 p.m. on a Sunday and were asked if we had a reservation. I thought I detected a hint of disapproval when we replied that we did not, which I found odd because the dining room was completely empty with the exception of one other party. Perhaps I was just unusually hypersenstive. At any rate, we found the prices to be reasonable, particularly the fixed price menu which allows one to choose from a selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts for $35. I chose the Gargonzola Prosciutto Tart (although "tart" was the only word I could pronounce), Pan Roasted Half Chicken and Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee. My husband chose the Pecan Crusted Alligator, BBQ Shrimp and Pain Perdu Bread Pudding. The presentation of these dishes were absolutely beautiful and the servers were sufficiently attentive. The appetizers and entrees were good, although Muriel's has a different interpretation of BBQ than to what my husband has become accustomed. I believe, however, that the desserts are where they really excel and stand alone. I had the best Creme Brulee I have ever tasted and my husband could not get enough of the Pain Perdu Bread Pudding. I would also be remiss if I did not mention that Muriel's is located in a beautiful, historic building and the dining room and overall atmosphere are very elegant, although I did not particularly care for the "elevator" music and would have preferred, perhaps, some light jazz. Also, I noticed that Muriel's did not appear to be as strict on dress code as some other fine dining restaurants in New Orleans as several casually dressed parties were seated after us. We will try Muriel's again, if only for dessert, and perhaps more when our palates and tastes become a little more refined.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlantic Beach
“Great restaurant, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 NEW

One of my favorite restaurant. They do a great job, and can handle bigger groups. Try their shrimp goat cheese crepes. Nice looking interior. Everyone in our group of 16 enjoyed it. Would go back again.

Visited August 2014