“Excellent!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muriel's Jackson Square

Muriel's Jackson Square
801 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3206 (French Quarter)
504-568-1885
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Went to restaurant for a trial run for a rehearsal dinner in December. Even though most of the food that is served upstairs for a rehearsal dinner was not on the menu downstairs, we felt like if the food was good downstairs it was going to be good upstairs. We had an excellent dinner. Crawfish crepes were to die for so was shrimp remoulade. Entree of soft shell crab and redfish was an excellent choice. Dessert - bread pudding and creme broulee, wow!!!!

Waiter was excellent - very attentive and never felt rushed - thx Travis for a great experience.

Looking forward to our dinner in December, I feel confident that it is going to be fantastic!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Culpeper, Virginia
“Muriel's didn't disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just off Jackson Square, Muriel's is a little pricey, but the food is well worth it. I got the double pork chop. Okay, it's a risk since even finer restaurants can't make a decent chop sometimes, but Muriel's had a lovely glaze and the chop was moist and luscious. Even not being a big fan of sweet potatoes, I loved their pecan sweet potatoes. Yummy desserts too although my flourless chocolate cake had more the consistency of a thick dense cheesecake and was too rich for my blood at the end of a big meal . Attentive staff. Nice ambiance. Portions are large. I left fat and happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis
“Good food; lousy bar tender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Muriel's is in an excellent location for a nice lunch. The food was good, wait staff attentive and we did not feel rushed. My big complaint was the bar tender. I went to the bar to have a diet coke while waiting for my friends. I had to finally ask to be served as he ignored me. There were no refills or "anything else" asked. Total ignoring, even when my friends arrived and table was ready, I sat there wanting to pay and was ignored. Again, I had to ask and suddenly as tip time came he said $3.50 for 1 coke. The price was high for a fountain drink. He could have forgave the drink for not paying any attention to me but no. So I put down 3.50 and walked away. That said, I would nix the bar unless you are ordering many drinks and just eat since meal

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, New Jersey
“Not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We ate at Muriel's during the 2nd Jazz Fest weekend. We were a little late, but the restaurant was very accommodating when we called ahead. Overall, this restaurant was much different than expected - I thought it would be casual with local cuisine. Instead, it had a more formal feel to it. The menu was varied, but none of our dishes were all that great. The gumbo was probably the best quality we had in town. The wait staff was mixed - some very pleasant and helpful and others not professional at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Concord, California
“Great place to eat in the French Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We ate here last month and the food is delicious. I had the Double Pork Chop which was served with scrumptious sweet potatoes and greens. We all enjoyed the meal and our server was very accommodating. The only caveat would be that you make reservations. They were booked the evening we stopped there and we ate in the outer courtyard, which is nearer the bar. Make reservations and you'll eat in their beautiful dining room. I gave it a "average" rating for atmosphere and seating as we didn't eat in the regular dining room.

• Visited April 2014