“Romantic history and exceptional dining.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muriel's Jackson Square

Muriel's Jackson Square
801 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3206 (French Quarter)
504-568-1885
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Muriel's Jackson Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,601 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Ann
Description: The Bistro at Muriel’s Jackson Square offers New Orleans classics like Gumbo, BBQ Shrimp, Oysters "Muriel", Turtle soup, Fried Gulf Shrimp Po-boy, Crabmeat Imperial, Shrimp Remoulade & contemporary Creole cuisine like Pecan Crusted Drum & Wood Grilled Tuna while the Courtyard Bar is the perfect place to drop by for drinks & appetizers. The Séance Lounge is the place for a relaxed, comfortable meeting before or after dining. Comprised of two areas, The Outer & The Inner Séance, the Séance also tells the story of a mystic & checkered past. The Outer Séance addresses the New Orleans era of Storyville & when Muriel's Jackson Square was one of the French Quarter's best bordellos! The Inner Séance is the preferred domain of the resident ghost, Pierre Antoine Lepardi Jourdan, & is the perfect spot for an intimate conversation & a drink amongst its plush surroundings.
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
“Romantic history and exceptional dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had stellar service from the wait staff and the ambience was wonderful, complete with ghost stories. We lingered over four courses, each one delicious. We particularly loved the turtle soup and duck comfit. Our servers recommended wonderful wine pairings as well. My husband and I have not had a meal this good in years. We will definitely return any time we're in the Big Easy.

• Visited August 2012

88% Recommend
West Bay, Grand Cayman
“Unreal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

From seating to exit, this place was excellent.
Our apps were the tart and crawfish crepe, both were excellent.
Our mains were the sheepshead filet and shrimp and grits. The gravy on the grits were incredible.

Highly recommend for brunch.

Leave the kiddos at home, this is best suited for the adults

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was bringing friends with us for my birthday weekend who had never been to New Orleans before and wanted them to experience a fabulous Nawlins dinner. Muriels came to mind first. I called and they were fabulous enough to accommodate my last minute request and opened the wine room for us. The wine room is next to the seance room which is just beautiful and gorgeous. Everyone had such a wonderful time and raved about the delicious meal we had!!

Visited April 2013
Stevensville, Michigan
“Pricey, but worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

As we stood deciding upon a restaurant, someone on the street told us to go to Muriel's. We wandered over to it, and found it to be kind of fancy schmancy...and we were dressed in our French Quarter Festival clothes. We decided to go inside anyway, and I'm so glad we did!

The menu is changed daily. You get a waiter for your drinks, and a waiter for your meal. We had Gary and Carey, who were both great. Carey was perfectly weighted between snarky (as a french place waiter stereotype should be), but he also was friendly and fun. When the drinks waiter Gary heard that my friend didn't have her glasses, they brought a whole case of reading glasses for her to choose from! How cool was that!

They recommended the "honey" something for a drink, and my friend took them up on that suggestion. She said it was wonderful.

They have a Prix Fixe side on the menu (about $40 for appetizer, bread, entree and dessert) or you can order single items. All the Prix Fixe is also available a'la carte. We chose prix fixe and did the turtle soup, Seafood Bayoubaisse and I had the bread pudding while my friend had the creme brulee for dessert. Everything was delicous and spicy without being too hot, if you know what I mean... My grandpa made turtle soup, but it was nothing like this! Very tasty and I loved it. The seafood bayoubaisse was fresh and delicious too...and we had just had bread pudding the night before, but the pudding at Muriel's was WAY better! Fluffy, with sugared pecans and caramel sauce. I wish I had some right now! I'm making myself hungry remembering it! :-)

Once I had to visit the ladies room, and when I was gone, they folded my napkin back up for me! What fun!

So take a chance, spend the cash and enjoy a fine dining experience here at Muriel's. They didn't make us feel like hicks who don't know our seafood fork from our salad fork (I don't! LOL) and the food was wonderful. The dining room is lovely, and the staff was very attentive. I'll be back when we visit NOLA again!

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Found A Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

First trip to New Orleans and it was too brief. Only four days and we were being hosted so we got taken to restaurants. They were all superb and now I know why NOLA is renowned for its cuisine. But our last night was on our own and I decided to check TripAdvisor and, thus, found my favorite of them all - Muriel's!
We had the chicken and the Drum fish. Also oysters to start. All were beautiful! And the bread pudding was absolutely fabulous, so good.
Also, the restaurant is fun. You really feel New Orleans. So glad we went.

• Visited April 2013