“It's all about the duck...” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's all about the duck...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

It's all about the duck. And gumbo, butternut shrimp bisque, etc. Very friendly staff, beautiful homey atmosphere... got to meet Chef Frank! Desserts are just as amazing; I'm so glad we were able to try some (cafe au lait creme brulee, what am I going to do w/out you?)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Early bird dinners are inexpensive and delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

Early bird dinners are inexpensive and delicious.

South Texas
“Outstanding meal - Wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

What a great experience. TripAdvisor reviews were right on target. One of the finest meals my wife and I have ever had anywhere. I had roast duck with cornbread stuffing while my wife had a Mahi-Mahi filet. Both were just outstanding, well prepared and seasoned. Service was prompt and friendly. Be advised - make your reservations early as they are hard to get.

Texas travelers....

Hawaii
“OMG! Mahalo Sara.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

We went to see the Sugar Bowl. Met Sara on the plane who told us about Brigtsen's. Absolutely wonderful. Rooms were cozy, diners were friendly, staff really really nice with service that I haven't seen in ages. Food was superb. I have recommended this restaurant to everyone. Thank you Sara.

fort worth, texas
“True Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

A wonderful evening in New Orleans! As a party of eight, we arrived for our reservation and were immediately seated to a lovely round table in a cozy and intimate room. Everything was fabulous the entire evening... service, atmosphere and excellent food. We could not have had a better time, and the entire staff made us all feel warm and welcome. This is truely a southern gem that should not be missed when wanting a taste of New Orleans. Make your reservations now!