“Amazing Food and Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,613 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Garden District
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our party of 6 (3 Couples) went to Commanders Palace during a trip to New Orleans. We got dressed up to experience this place that everyone raves about. I can see why! Our Server Lorenzo was amazing from the start. He was knowledgeable, funny and very charming. He was simply amazing - you *have* to ask for him. My husband had Quail - it was simply delicious. I had a steak that melted in my mouth! We were also treated to a tour of the Restaurant - I think we tricked them into thinking we were important! It's old school and traditional and I loved it. In this busy world of chain restaurants and fast food, it's nice to have a proper meal where the waiters escort the Ladies to the restroom and the Staff can surprise you with the perfect cocktail just by asking you a few questions.

Visited August 2014

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went for our son birthday. It was fantastic. Never been greeted ever like this anywhere in any restaurant we have been. The food how it should have been. GREAT JOB

Calabasas
“Simply The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This was the single best highlight of our recent trip to New Orleans!! From the moment you enter you are welcomed with open arms and gracious service!! The food was spectacular, the service was even more spectacular!!! We loved it and hated to leave!! I have been to New Orleans many times before and never eaten here and boy am I ever kicking myself for all those wasted trips now!!!
Go by all means go and you will be so very glad you did.
Shane was one of our 4 waiters ( yes 4) and he was wonderful!!!
One drawback is any other restaurant you will eat at in the future will pale in comparison to Commanders Palace!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sam F, Manager at Commander's Palace, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear "LovetogoCalabasas,"
Thank you for writing the lovely review about us! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed dining at Commander's Palace. We hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks,
Sam Fritz
Community Manager, Commander's Family of Restaurants
sam@commanderspalace.com

Posted: August 13, 2014
Simply The Best!
Go by all means go and you will be so very glad you did.
Shane was one of our 4 waiters ( yes 4) and he was wonderful!!!

- by LovetogoCalabasas (Calabasas) on 8/12/14. Stay date: Aug 2014
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Wonderful brunch, but they forgot the whiskey sauce for my bread pudding souffle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This really is all our friends said it would be. We loved everything they served us and couldn't finish it all. Three courses of wonderful. Our friend also go the bread pudding souffle and they put the whiskey sauce on with a flair. I asked where mine was, and he gave me the leftovers from my friends sauce and said they'd bring more. They forgot, though I was asked about it as I left. No apology for forgetting, so only rated 4 of 5. It really is a quirky building, but special.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hawley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Service at its best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The highlight of this restaurant is the wonderful staff that work here! Knowledgable, efficient, friendly.. By far the biggest price tag on our restaurant tour. Veal Chop-phenomenal! Exquisite wine list.

• Visited July 2014