“Simply The Best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,536 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
Calabasas
“Simply The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This was the single best highlight of our recent trip to New Orleans!! From the moment you enter you are welcomed with open arms and gracious service!! The food was spectacular, the service was even more spectacular!!! We loved it and hated to leave!! I have been to New Orleans many times before and never eaten here and boy am I ever kicking myself for all those wasted trips now!!!
Go by all means go and you will be so very glad you did.
Shane was one of our 4 waiters ( yes 4) and he was wonderful!!!
One drawback is any other restaurant you will eat at in the future will pale in comparison to Commanders Palace!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sam F, Manager at Commander's Palace, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear "LovetogoCalabasas,"
Thank you for writing the lovely review about us! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed dining at Commander's Palace. We hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks,
Sam Fritz
Community Manager, Commander's Family of Restaurants
sam@commanderspalace.com

Posted: August 13, 2014
Simply The Best!
Go by all means go and you will be so very glad you did.
Shane was one of our 4 waiters ( yes 4) and he was wonderful!!!

- by LovetogoCalabasas (Calabasas) on 8/12/14. Stay date: Aug 2014

Bonita Springs, Florida
“Wonderful brunch, but they forgot the whiskey sauce for my bread pudding souffle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This really is all our friends said it would be. We loved everything they served us and couldn't finish it all. Three courses of wonderful. Our friend also go the bread pudding souffle and they put the whiskey sauce on with a flair. I asked where mine was, and he gave me the leftovers from my friends sauce and said they'd bring more. They forgot, though I was asked about it as I left. No apology for forgetting, so only rated 4 of 5. It really is a quirky building, but special.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hawley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Service at its best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The highlight of this restaurant is the wonderful staff that work here! Knowledgable, efficient, friendly.. By far the biggest price tag on our restaurant tour. Veal Chop-phenomenal! Exquisite wine list.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McAllen, Texas
“Birthday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

What is there to say thy hasn't been said already? Amazing meal, spectacular service and beautiful location. Turtle soup was so delicious that I just want to eat bowl after bowl. The tomato shrimp soup of the day was infused such delicious shrimp flavor that I wanted an never ending bowl. From the moment you walk in the staff makes you feel so welcome and our waiter Todd was beyond friendly and informative. He was very helpful in describing the dishes and helping you choose. I'm so happy to have finally been able to enjoy this wonderful place!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“A NOLA classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Went at Christmas time and enjoyed a great lunch as the carolers sang. Don't splurge, get every course, finish with the chocolate soufflé.

• Visited December 2013