“Lunch date” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Neighborhood: Garden District
“Lunch date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 NEW via mobile

My wife and I went to Commander's for a lunch on a Friday afternoon. The lunch menu was very reasonably priced and I thought they had a wide variety to choose from. Can't beat the 25 cent martinis either. There were several birthday parties seated around us, so it was a fun atmosphere. Service was prompt - no complaints there. Highly recommend trying this New Orleans staple!

I would suggest making reservations.. Just in case.
Also, nothing less than business casual for attire.

Visited June 2014

88% Recommend
Delray Beach, Florida
“WOW! What a great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 NEW

We went to weekend brunch at the Commander's Palace and it was beyond awesome! The ambiance is beautiful and from the moment we stepped into the restaurant, all the staff were friendly and personable. Everyone wished us a happy anniversary as we arrived and again as we left. (made res on Open Table, and put that info on there), The food was beyond terrific and my husband's huge stack of pancakes were the best he's ever had. It is pricey, for sure...but worth it for a one-time adventure. It's in the Garden District of New Orleans, so walk around after to view the beautiful mansions. You can take a (long) walk back to the French Quarter ,if you're staying there, or simply take the nearby trolley back...that's fun too. Treat yourselves to Commander's Palace - you will be happy you did!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 NEW

Recently went to Commander’s for my birthday dinner. Service was excellent and atmosphere was wonderful in the downstairs dining rooms. Most of the food was really good except I think my veal chop could have had more seasoning but that could just be me my palate. Have not been there in 15 years and it was better than I remember!

Atlanta, Georgia
“My second visit- Just a good as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 NEW

Have the Veal. I know it is pricey, but if you love beef, you will LOVE the veal. Everything here is wonderful and if you do not try the Banana's Foster, you are out of your mind. Make sure you wear a jacket and tie for men, and dress casual or better for women.

Visited June 2014
Ruston, Louisiana
“Special occasion place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 NEW via mobile

Busy but delightful atmosphere . Friendly waiters. Delicious food . Spectacular Bread pudding soufflé for dessert ! Had reservations but stll had to wait at least 30 min .

• Visited July 2014