“Exquisite food and top-notch service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #4 of 1,577 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Neighborhood: Garden District
New York City, New York
“Exquisite food and top-notch service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

First trip back to NOLA in many years and Commanders Palace every bit as good as I remember. We had the 3 course meal and it was fabulous. Turtle Soup, Stuffed Quail, side of seasonal vegetables, great desserts. Their private label chardonnay was excellent as were the cocktails. Both wife's gulf fish (pompano) and my quail were cooked to perfection. Creole cheesecake and my peach shortcake were boldly flavorful. Elegant service with attentive waitstaff. Will definitely return next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Disappointing Birthday Dinner.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here for my bday celebration and REALLY regret it. First off, the service was polite but HORRIBLY slow. We had an 8:00 reservation, were seated by 8:10 but didn't see a thing to eat until just after 9:00. We waited an additional 40 minutes for our entrees. The food was not bad. But it lacked originality and flavor. You'd expect more imaginative and better prepared food at such a landmark. I think this place has become more of a status symbol rather than being recognized for excellent food. I think we could have had better in the Quarter. What was really upsetting was that when the reservation was made over a week prior and during the confirmation call, we informed them that we were celebrating a birthday. As we ate, we watched balloons, paper hats, and candled desserts being brought to table after table, but nothing was ever brought to ours. After we'd eaten, My husband asked for the balloons from one of the other bday tables that had left to be brought to our table. To which the response was 'do we have a birthday?!' So they brought balloons from another table to ours at the very end of dinner. How disappointing. From the reviews I expected SO much more on this special day but was sadly let down :-/

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis, MO
“great brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Sunday brunch is really enjoyable - and judging by the fullness of the dining rooms, a lot of other folks think so as well. Personal and personable. Only regret: although they try to assist, getting a cab FROM there can sometimes take a while - don't know situation for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Valentine's Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband took me here for Valentine's Day. We had the most wonderful brunch. The strawberry shortcake was amazing. The waiter was wonderful and the view from our table on the second floor was great. This was by far one of my favorite brunches in New Orleans. We loved the music, too.

Visited February 2013
Ripley, Tennessee
“Best service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

In all my travels to New Orleans, I had never eaten at Commander's Palace until this year. I was NOT disappointed! The service was impeccable. No less than 5 people attended to our every need during lunch. We were greeted by name by staff as we were seated. I've eaten better food, but have never been treated with such service! A bucket list item marked off!

• Visited April 2013