“Perfect Lunch after the Garden Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,603 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Neighborhood: Garden District
Okla.
“Perfect Lunch after the Garden Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had the perfect lunch after the Garden Dist Tour which was fun also. This place made the tour, the food and service was exceptional. The waiter explained all the dishes and cocktails. Food was wonderful and staff was absolutely perfect. They even serve from the left and don’t reach over without permission. Not sure of the cost because it was rolled up into the tour price. Best Watermelon Martini in the world. Best bread pudding soufflé.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Atlanta, GA
“Not a Tourist Trap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited for Sunday Brunch. I was expecting a tourist trap and could not be more wrong. The service was over the top excellent. Presentation and fantastic and everything tasted as good as it looked. There were a lot of regulars dining when we visited. I Will return for lunch and dinner.

“Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the first time back since Katrina and I understand the restaurant was torn down to the stubs then rebuilt and may I say they did a wonderful job.
We had a party of ten [we were seated in the main dinning room downstairs] which can cause difficulties however the service was wonderful, no make that excellent. Our cocktail /wine glass were never empty unless you wanted it that way and the ten courses arrived together, hot and delicious as always. Those that had room for dessert, coffee and after dinner drinks found the service just as efficient as the main course.
We weren't rushed and made to feel welcome for the entire four hours we were there and not once did we feel neglected, if fact our waiters/waitress's [had afew assigned too our table] seemed trained in photography. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANDELIERS and the birds.
This is not your cheapest restaurant [ my bill for three people $283.00 with tax and tip] but in my opinion worth every cent and you can rely on this place time after time.
Oh if your staying around the French Quarter a tax fare one way will cost you around $25.00 with tip however there are lots of places to park around there. Oh by the way make reservations early [we booked three months in advanced and got one of the last tables] so your not disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Balt, MD
“A bit pricey and stuffy but the food was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had dinner here with my wife on my birthday and was satisfied with everything. The wine list is excellent and the waiters are extremely helpful with the menu and drink/wine list. I really enjoyed the turtle soup, and my fish dish. Both were really tasty. Dress code was a little too much since I normally don't pack dress clothes for a vacation someplace that is normally hot and humid, especially when I'm flying. The place was a little snobby for me personally but what it all comes down to is the food and service, which both were excellent. A bit pricey but I would recommend dining here for special occasions and not really a place to bring the kids unless you want a $600 bill.. They did bring out a ridiculous chef hat for me to wear for our desert which was playful and fun. I would go again next time I'm in NOLA.

Decatur, Alabama
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We decided to have lunch on a weekday and arrived when they opened. As we were shown our seat, each server stood in the hallway and greeted us... every one of them. It was like we were royality. Our head server was polite and informative and the support servers knew what they were doing... like how to keep from leaning over my food when filling my glass, etc. It was a little pricey but for great food and fantasic service, it was well worth it!