“Glimpse of New Orleans uber-service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garden District
Rockford, Michigan
“Glimpse of New Orleans uber-service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were told to visit Commander's Palace and it hit our high expectations. Excellent food! Service like we've only experienced at $100/plate restaurants. Now where near that price here. It was a bit pricey but well worth it.

Visited March 2013

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, went here for Brunch. We had such a great time and an amazing meal. We loved the jazz trio walking around the restaurant, it added so much to our experience! The turtle soup is the best I've had anywhere. I chose the Eggs Cochon de Lait and it was great. My husband got the Creole Beef Tostada and devoured it in minutes! You must save room for the bread pudding dessert! ITS A MUST!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Out of 5 rest. It was the worst.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Poor menu selection. Appetizers weren't great. Fish was not fresh~ fishy smell and taste. Really a huge let down. It was the most expensive meal we had new orleans. Save your money. 3.10.13

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great old world experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went for lunch and were seated immediately when we arrived for our reservations. We were seated upstairs in a side room with about six or seven other tables. We got terrific service from three servers. The servers were very friendly and efficient. I must have had my water glass filled ten times. The $.25 martinis come in four different choices - standard, commanders, Cosmo, melon. The three entree deal for $32 was a great deal with choice of soup/salad, main course of short ribs (varies)' and bread pudding souffle. My wife had the gulf fish with a spicy relish and that was good as well. We both had the gumbo which we thought was a little salty and "seafoody". The highlight of the meal was the bread pudding souffle. Terrific taste, perfectly souffles abd served with a delicious warm whisky sauce. My wife had the strawberry shortcake and it was very good but not as outstanding. On the whole a wonderful experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“A meal to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I and my friend tumbled in to this famous restaurant without a prior reservation. We had been sightseeing Garden district and decided to see if we could get a table for lunch (however I strongly recommend reservations). We were let in, among the New Orleans’ glitterati. Chad, our superb waiter, immediately identified that we were in urgent need of a warm drink. This was an exceptional cold day early in January. He served us hot Bourbon toddy, which was just what the doctor ordered.
I had oysters and turtle soup for starter, my friend had gumbo. Absolutely wonderful it was as was the quail for main course. Service was very attentive and warm. The interior is worth a trip in itself; the chandelier is distinctive but downright ugly, the wallpaper is however inspiring with its beautiful blue colour with tree twigs and exotic birds. Lovely, but what really makes it special is that stuffed birds are sitting on little pegs and gives the wallpaper a three dimensional aspect.

• Visited January 2013