“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Neighborhood: Garden District
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to New Orleans for my Bachlorette party (10 girls total). My maid of honor made lunch reservations at Commander's Palace after reading so many great reviews. They were all spot on. (Note: there is a dress code so be sure to check that out). The service was unbelievable and the food was even better! I had the turtle soup and the shrimp & grits. Both were fantastic - I also tried a few of the other girls meals. Everything was delicious. We split a few of the dessert - those were also excellent. The best part of the lunch were the cocktails ;) 25 cent martinis! You really can't beat that. They limit you at 3...but let's be honest, you probably don't need more than that. If you are planning on checking out the cemetery across the street I recommend doing that prior to lunch. Attempting to be part of a respectable group tour after 3 martinis is a tall order. Hah - lesson learned.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Global
“A treasure...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Worth a trip! Excellent food and service.
The restaurant is beautiful, and the food is delicious.
We strolled through the Garden District before dinner and it was lovely.

Visited January 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“Sunday jazz brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Well, let me start by saying several of our party of six were significantly under the weather after too much fun/drink the night before. But the small jazz ensemble was super, going to each table and playing requests. Place was packed. Most all brunch entrees available were egg oriented. All food was great.

Visited January 2013
Mystic, Connecticut
“Had Lunch There”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a 1:30 walking tour across the street from the restaurant so naturally I planned on having lunch there. It was a Tuesday and they weren't busy at all. They asked my name at the front desk and from then on I was addressed as Mr. -------. I was seated on the second floor in the room with lots of windows and it was light and pleasant.
Everyone says how formal it is there but to me it was very comfortable and relaxing.The three or so waiters that covered my table were young and friendly. They made sure I was aware of the 25 cent martinis,so of course I had a couple.
Lunch was fine but in New Orleans it's hard not to find good food. It was another very good bowl of gumbo!
If anything, I'd like to tell you to rest at ease, lunch at Commander's was fun, relaxed, tasty and surprising affordable. Have fun.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I visited the restaurant for our wedding anniversary and weren't disappointed. We booked in advance for lunch. The turtle soup was lovely, as were the 25 cent cocktails!!! You an only have 3 though!! Loved the atmosphere and everything that the restaurant stands for. It was busy but the service was efficient and friendly. You will have to dress up and men will have to wear a dinner jacket but I quite like that!! They have them there to borrow too!) Definitely visit if you want an up-market experience! I loved it!! Book in advance though!!

• Visited August 2012