“A treasure...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,549 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
Global
“A treasure...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Worth a trip! Excellent food and service.
The restaurant is beautiful, and the food is delicious.
We strolled through the Garden District before dinner and it was lovely.

Visited January 2013

Jackson, Mississippi
“Sunday jazz brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Well, let me start by saying several of our party of six were significantly under the weather after too much fun/drink the night before. But the small jazz ensemble was super, going to each table and playing requests. Place was packed. Most all brunch entrees available were egg oriented. All food was great.

Visited January 2013
Mystic, Connecticut
“Had Lunch There”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a 1:30 walking tour across the street from the restaurant so naturally I planned on having lunch there. It was a Tuesday and they weren't busy at all. They asked my name at the front desk and from then on I was addressed as Mr. -------. I was seated on the second floor in the room with lots of windows and it was light and pleasant.
Everyone says how formal it is there but to me it was very comfortable and relaxing.The three or so waiters that covered my table were young and friendly. They made sure I was aware of the 25 cent martinis,so of course I had a couple.
Lunch was fine but in New Orleans it's hard not to find good food. It was another very good bowl of gumbo!
If anything, I'd like to tell you to rest at ease, lunch at Commander's was fun, relaxed, tasty and surprising affordable. Have fun.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I visited the restaurant for our wedding anniversary and weren't disappointed. We booked in advance for lunch. The turtle soup was lovely, as were the 25 cent cocktails!!! You an only have 3 though!! Loved the atmosphere and everything that the restaurant stands for. It was busy but the service was efficient and friendly. You will have to dress up and men will have to wear a dinner jacket but I quite like that!! They have them there to borrow too!) Definitely visit if you want an up-market experience! I loved it!! Book in advance though!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shreveport
“Worth the Ride to the Garden District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

You can feel the tradition, the service is remarkably good, and the food is excellent. The turtle soup was incomparable and the cochon de lait was outstanding.

Visited February 2012