“Wonderful evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Neighborhood: Garden District
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a wonderful evening at Commander's Palace. The soup du jour was a shrimp chirizo bisque, and I think it was the best soup I've ever had. I didn't know soup could melt in your mouth. The service was very personalized. Food was very good. Overall, a very special evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Wisconsin
“Jazz brunch enjoyed by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Six family members went to the Jazz Brunch, enjoyed great drinks, very attentive service, wonderful entrees and my husband said it was the best strawberry shortcake he's ever eaten. The music was fabulous, the atmosphere is just about perfect.

texas
“still excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

well established resturant and still greeat. Went there with my wife. all the dishes we had were excellent. Waiter made a wine recommendation that was a good choice and fairly priced.

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We a wonderful had lunch here. The food was absolutely fantastic. The citrus salad was the best salad I have ever had in my life. Our server, Todd, was delightful and clearly enthusiastic about food.

Metropolis, Illinois
“A great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ate lunch here while on a self-guided walking tour of the beautiful garden district. We were given a jingle bell to wear around our necks for the holidays. They also had Christmas carolers as well to serenade us while we ate lunch. I had shrimp and grits which were wonderful. I hesitantly tried the turle soup and was pleasantly surprised as it was really good. The service was top notch and we were guided through their kitchen as we were taken to our table. I tried some of my husband's bread pudding souffle with whiskey sauce and I highly recommend it. If you order an entree for lunch, you are able to order up to three martinis for 25 cents each. They had several to choose from. This was quite an experience.
The only drawback was that it was really noisy in the dining room and I had a difficult time carrying on a conversation. This was due to the fact that there were several large tables with many of the guests talking rather loudly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere