“Jazz brunch enjoyed by all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Garden District
Wisconsin
“Jazz brunch enjoyed by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Six family members went to the Jazz Brunch, enjoyed great drinks, very attentive service, wonderful entrees and my husband said it was the best strawberry shortcake he's ever eaten. The music was fabulous, the atmosphere is just about perfect.

texas
“still excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

well established resturant and still greeat. Went there with my wife. all the dishes we had were excellent. Waiter made a wine recommendation that was a good choice and fairly priced.

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We a wonderful had lunch here. The food was absolutely fantastic. The citrus salad was the best salad I have ever had in my life. Our server, Todd, was delightful and clearly enthusiastic about food.

Metropolis, Illinois
“A great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ate lunch here while on a self-guided walking tour of the beautiful garden district. We were given a jingle bell to wear around our necks for the holidays. They also had Christmas carolers as well to serenade us while we ate lunch. I had shrimp and grits which were wonderful. I hesitantly tried the turle soup and was pleasantly surprised as it was really good. The service was top notch and we were guided through their kitchen as we were taken to our table. I tried some of my husband's bread pudding souffle with whiskey sauce and I highly recommend it. If you order an entree for lunch, you are able to order up to three martinis for 25 cents each. They had several to choose from. This was quite an experience.
The only drawback was that it was really noisy in the dining room and I had a difficult time carrying on a conversation. This was due to the fact that there were several large tables with many of the guests talking rather loudly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san clemente, CA
“Undisputed champion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Eating here takes you back to an earlier era, when going out to dinner was special. I really like the formal dress and amazing service. You should eat here at least once in your travels to NOLA.
Warmly greeted on arrival. This time we were escorted to our table thru a working kitchen. Everyone stops briefly to greet you. So fun to see the activity of the kitchen .
Extensive wine list, which is very reasonably priced surprisingly.
Food is outstanding as is the service. This time had the turtle soup, which they're known for. It was excellent. Our party had the " whole hog" dish which featured several sections of the pig. Cooked perfectly. Also the redfish which was well prepared. Strawberry shortcake was a nice finishing touch.
I had purchased their cookbook previously. It is my favorite. Recipes are easy to follow and dishes come out great. This place is the total package.