“terrific food awesome atmosphere!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,605 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Neighborhood: Garden District
ct
“terrific food awesome atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

we went to the sat am jazz brunch the food was some of the best we have ever had !! we started off with the peAch bellini which are great the gumbo was great and the quail and the pancakes were terrific the jazz trio comes around every 45 min or so and they are great the service was outstanding a must if you are in NOLA !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Newark, New Jersey
“Excellent food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had Jazz Brunch at Commanders Palace. What a wonderful meal, particularly after having a disappointing meal at Emeril's the night before. Had the gumbo, shrimp bisque, turtle soup, shrimp and grits, blue crab frittata, strawberry shortcake and bread pudding soufflé. Everything was exceptional. The staff was warm, welcoming and friendly. The pace of the meal was prompt but not rushed. Took a LONG walk back to the French Quarter afterwards to work off all of that food, but it sure was worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kenner, Louisiana
“This place lives up to its excellent reputation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We enoyed dinner 12/222/12 in the upstairs garden room with nice biews of the lush courtyard. The quail was our favorite with the ribeye a vlose second. The lemony , citrus topped trout was tasty, but a very small portion was served.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Mississippi
“You Must Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had no expectation of this restaurant to be honest. My mother made all the reservations for our little mini-holiday and when she mentioned this one, I said 'sure'. I had heard of it but knew nothing about it. I will forever be singing its praises.

This was, without a doubt, the most welcoming restaurant I have ever walked into in my life, in any city, in any country. Given it was the holidays, we were welcomed with bell necklaces. We were escorted upstairs and were welcomed by every staff member we encountered. Although this could have been annoying or too much, it felt incredibly sincere. I felt as if they were thrilled I was there and were looking forward to serving me lunch.

The meal service was attentive but not suffocating. I accidentally spilled my water and the waiters were quick to fix the problem and did not make me feel bad about it. Water glasses were consistently filled and bread was readily provided.

The food was lovely. I chose the two-item lunch and had a wonderful salad and the best shrimp and grits I have ever had. We also availed ourselves of the 25 cent martinis (no gimmick and really yummy!). Everyone at the table was equally pleased with their meals. Only one of us got dessert as we were to have an early dinner. How we wished that were not the case immediately as we were all amazed by the souffle. So delicious and beautifully presented!

I will definitely try to visit this restaurant everytime I am in New Orleans!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Liked the ambiance, food, and service - had a wonderful experience and would love to return sometime.

Visited November 2012