“Our 40th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,596 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Garden District
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Our 40th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I were so happy to discover this great restaurant to celebrate our dining finally in our visit to the beautiful New Orleans, before our flight back home to Chicago. During our week vacation, we tried many dining places in New Orleans, Biloxi, Pensacola Beach. They are all good, but Commander's Palace is the top of my list...best food, excellent service, ambiance, very nice professional staffs. We took photos and sharing them with family & friends. A must to dine when in New Orleans. Many thanks to our server, to the manager who spoke with us, free desert on the anniversary plate, and to the chef for the excellent food & the menu souvenir with his greetings & signature. From Rudy & Tessie Cuasay of Chicago.

• Visited December 2012

Washington State
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We arrived early and watched from the waiting area as the staff prepared for opening. No fewer than three people inspected each place setting and each made some sort of adjustment. Once seated, the service is outstanding. That being said, there is no feeling of stuffiness. The servers are very friendly and helpful; balloons were tied to the chair of someone celebrating a birthday. Still, empty wine glasses were removed from the table in less than 20 seconds. The food is very good. My wife was surprised at my reaction to the bread pudding souffle - I am not easily impressed by desserts, as she and her mother both concoct amazing fare.

Visited October 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Lives up to the Hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Frankly, This restaurant would need to be superlative to live up to all the hype. It was!

We went on Thanksgiving evening and it was packed. Yet service was incredible. ALL of the servers were very attentive whether they were responsible for our table or not. The food was even better than I anticipated. The venue is part of the experience. It is steeped in history and is truly massive by restaurant standards. one of the public staircases leads you from the second floor down into the kitchen. INTO the kitchen. The chef's were all very nice and professional directing us through the kitchen to the exit.

This restaurant has launched some VERY famous chefs (Emeril Lagasse and Paul Prudhomme for instance) and it is easy to see how. Rarely to I look at a menu and EVERYTHING looks good. I honestly felt cheated after I ordered because I knew I couldn't try all of it.

NOTE: If you ask for their dress code they will say that coat and tie are encouraged and jeans are discouraged. I would NOT wear jeans here, you will feel very out of place. I would not say a tie is a necessity, however, I would have felt awkward if I were not wearing at least a sport coat with a collared shirt and slacks.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Saturday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Second recent trip and it was perfect. CP took a dip awhile back but I have to say my recent experience at CP for Saturday Brunch has been excellent.

• Visited December 2012
New York
“best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

we eat out a lot and by far this was the BEST restaurant experience i ever had. the food was great, the service impeccable, the ambiance wonderful.

Visited October 2012