“Wow - Service even more exceptional than I remembered” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,537 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Garden District
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow - Service even more exceptional than I remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I took a friend for her first Jazz Brunch this past Sunday. The staff could not have been nicer. My friend made many special requests, and they fully met every one. We both loved the food. I was touched by the staff's care to accommodate my food allergies when I ordered. We had a great time eating on the courtyard. They didn't rush us at all, and we enjoyed a leisurely two hour meal

Visited December 2012

NYC
“What an Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Commander's is everything you could hope for. Fabulous local specialties, wonderful ambience, attentive and gracious service. And don't miss their Crescent City Cooler!

Visited November 2012
Lake Charles, La
“Great Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I came into New Orleans for the weekend and per Trip Advisors reviews I made us reservations here. I had never heard of it but trusted the reviews. They were dead on!! They called me the day before and reminded me about our reservation and said they were looking forward to having us. We got to the restaurant early and were greeted and seated immediately. Staff was very polite and welcoming. We were told to try 3 things. Turtle soup, Osi Bucco and bread pudding soufflé. These were all delicious!! Our server was Jeff and he was great. Very prompt and our drinks never went empty. We will definitely eat here again when we are looking for a nice romantic dinner. NOTE DRESS CODE. NO JEANS.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Weekend of Football in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I enjoy Commander's Palace each time we visit New Orleans. My son joined me this time for dinner and he was quite impressed with the service and the quality of food. The service is just as great as the food and it's worth the price you pay. The atmosphere is pleasant for all occasions. We will be back again...

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Elegantly Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went here for Thanksgiving Dinner and were so happy we did. Amazing service, great wine pairing suggestions and absolutely delicious food. We enjoyed a perfectly cooked filet mignon, incredible lamb shank, an adorable and tasty turducken squab and light and flavorful scallops. The escargot were delish, as were all our appetizers. Get the bread pudding souffle. Delicious. They will bring you extra whiskey sauce! There are enough reviews of this place. Just go. And wear your jacket. You'll look nicer, and the food will taste better!

Visited November 2012