“Great Romantic Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
504 899-8221
Neighborhood: Garden District
Lake Charles, La
“Great Romantic Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I came into New Orleans for the weekend and per Trip Advisors reviews I made us reservations here. I had never heard of it but trusted the reviews. They were dead on!! They called me the day before and reminded me about our reservation and said they were looking forward to having us. We got to the restaurant early and were greeted and seated immediately. Staff was very polite and welcoming. We were told to try 3 things. Turtle soup, Osi Bucco and bread pudding soufflé. These were all delicious!! Our server was Jeff and he was great. Very prompt and our drinks never went empty. We will definitely eat here again when we are looking for a nice romantic dinner. NOTE DRESS CODE. NO JEANS.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Weekend of Football in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I enjoy Commander's Palace each time we visit New Orleans. My son joined me this time for dinner and he was quite impressed with the service and the quality of food. The service is just as great as the food and it's worth the price you pay. The atmosphere is pleasant for all occasions. We will be back again...

“Elegantly Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went here for Thanksgiving Dinner and were so happy we did. Amazing service, great wine pairing suggestions and absolutely delicious food. We enjoyed a perfectly cooked filet mignon, incredible lamb shank, an adorable and tasty turducken squab and light and flavorful scallops. The escargot were delish, as were all our appetizers. Get the bread pudding souffle. Delicious. They will bring you extra whiskey sauce! There are enough reviews of this place. Just go. And wear your jacket. You'll look nicer, and the food will taste better!

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“The pinnacle of a proper dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Going out for an expensive meal is a rarity with us (in Peru we averaged $3 a dinner) but if you want to splurge and do it right, eat here. We went for the Sunday Jazz brunch and loved it. The service, food, and music were all excellent. Dress nice and take it all in. We tried to reserve online but had no luck but then we called and they had room. Well worth the tab.

Boynton Beach, FL
“Don't miss the bread pudding soufflé”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had dinner here during a girls weekend getaway to New Orleans and it was fantastic. On arrival we were greeted the old school way by a maitre d and uniformed staff lined up to form a welcoming committee! Maybe it was because we had early reservations but it was very impressive.
I had the turtle soup (first time and it was so good I could have made a meal of it), the quail (very good), and for dessert we all had the bread pudding soufflé. Get your own (we did) because it is so good you don't want to share. I have never tasted anything so light and melt in your mouth sinful and heaven at the same time. I ordered the wine that was recommended with my meal and it was perfect. I topped it off with a cappuccino.
I've been to New Orleans every year for the last 5 years and this is the first time I've dined at Commander's Palace - I will make sure that I come back each time I am in town.
The service is fantastic, the food amazing, and the atmosphere very elegant and a reminder of the way things were back in the day - or should have been.