“Don't miss the bread pudding soufflé” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commander's Palace

Commander's Palace
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)
+1 504-899-8221
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,662 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Garden District
Boynton Beach, FL
“Don't miss the bread pudding soufflé”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had dinner here during a girls weekend getaway to New Orleans and it was fantastic. On arrival we were greeted the old school way by a maitre d and uniformed staff lined up to form a welcoming committee! Maybe it was because we had early reservations but it was very impressive.
I had the turtle soup (first time and it was so good I could have made a meal of it), the quail (very good), and for dessert we all had the bread pudding soufflé. Get your own (we did) because it is so good you don't want to share. I have never tasted anything so light and melt in your mouth sinful and heaven at the same time. I ordered the wine that was recommended with my meal and it was perfect. I topped it off with a cappuccino.
I've been to New Orleans every year for the last 5 years and this is the first time I've dined at Commander's Palace - I will make sure that I come back each time I am in town.
The service is fantastic, the food amazing, and the atmosphere very elegant and a reminder of the way things were back in the day - or should have been.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Twin Cities, California, United States
“Great Birthday spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Took our daughter here for her 21st birthday. Excellent food, service, and beautiful setting. Just what you would expect from a New Orleans tradition.

San Jose Calif
“Not worth the hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very limited one page menu. Waited a long time to experience this restaurant with friends. Most of the staff were pleasant except for our waiter...only so so. Unfortunately none of the four of us said we would return for a second visit.

Mansfield, Texas
“Excellent from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Excellent wait staff, excellent food, excellent drinks...what else is there to say?

We had lobster bisque and a salad to start - both were delicious.

I had the scallops and the wife had the filet - again, both were delicious.

Banana's Foster (for two) prepared table side for dessert - again, delicious.

The staff was genuinely interested in ensuring our meal was excellent. We cannot wait to return. A truly excellent meal and dining experience.

“Excellent Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had lunch with family and friends this past week, a New Orleans tradition. Colin was an excellent waiter. Food and atomosphere very good. Be forewarned, 25 cent martinis can be lethal.

• Visited November 2012