“Wonderful atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irene's Cuisine

Irene's Cuisine
539 Saint Philip St, The French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116-3322 (French Quarter)
504-529-8811
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere and the food was delicious. The staff were very friendly and attentive.
Good selection of wine and not overly priced.

Visited June 2014

Midlothian, Virginia
“Classic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

A limited menu and tight space for a large group but a wonderful arrage of tastes and smells. The complimentary bread with tomatoe is a terrific way to start the meal. The ceasar was fresh with a light flavor that didn't overwhelm. I got an 'off menu' eggplant parm and it was the best eggplant parm I have ever had (and I have had my share). It had the right amount of sauce and cheese and I didn't experience one seed. Most eggplant parm is seedy and mushy - this was amazing. The service was top-notch - professional, efficient, helpful and friendly. We finished the meal with a pecan bread pudding which was almost too much to handle with it's rich, warm flavors. Had a bite of the creole cheesecake and that was equally delicious. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
msy
“NOLA Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a great cozy spot nestled in the French Quarter not too far from Decatur street. This is classic NEW ORLEANS Italian with many of the classic dishes infused with Louisiana seafood and love. When you first go in they typically make you have an obligatory drink in the back room but that's ok because a friendly staff will get you that deserved drink right before your seating. I recommend a reservation and lots of things on the menu.

Visited May 2014
Beach Park, Illinois
“Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After hearing much about Irene's Cuisine, we finally tried it on our recent trip to NOLA. Our hotel was very nearby, and as we walked over, we could smell the aroma of garlic wafting down the street. At that time I decided however long the wait would be I would be willing to endure it. We got there on;y a half hour after they opened and waited about 1 1/4 hours for our table. It was the first night of our trip and I was craving some New Orleans seafood. We were served an amuse bouche of a beautifully flavored tomato positioned bruschetta-style on a small piece of bread. We started with roasted asparagus w/ prosciutto, tasty, but unremarkable, My husband had the lamb. The presentation was beatiful, and the taste was outstanding. I had drum topped with lump crabmeat, perfectly cooked and delicious. Others at the table had the ribeye and the the duck. The duck eater said it was the best duck he ever ate. The wait staff was very friendly and efficient. Overall it was a great experience and I can now tick it off my list of must go to places in NOLA> I would definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Garlic heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Tucked away on St. Phillip street stands a quiet beige building that around 4pm begins to emit a wonderful aroma of garlic. Irene's menu of Sicilian favorites mixed with New Orleans fare will tempt you, the satisfy that temptation. Try it all! Could be a wait but well worth it.

Visited February 2014