“Correct name is Irene's Cousine and it is on St Phllip, corner of Chartres” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Irene's Cuisine

Irene's Cuisine
539 Saint Philip St, The French Quarter, New Orleans, LA 70116-3322 (French Quarter)
504-529-8811
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Madtown
“Correct name is Irene's Cousine and it is on St Phllip, corner of Chartres”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Rated more highly on this thread, and more correctly in my mind. See my review at Irene's Cuisine. Reservations highly recommended.

Can't Tripadvisor combine these???

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Madtown
“French Quarter Gem: Tripadvisor does not list in French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

It's on St Peter, note that it has very few reviews because no one finds it online or can't get in if they do. Reservations recommended except on rainy nights I guess. Small,intimate, reminded me of small family owned Italian restaurants on Manhattan 30 years ago. Great service, everyone pitches in on each small, six table room. Low ceilngs, NOT corporate but "intimate". Excellent food, good wine list. Very good value on the quality/cost index.

Good seafood with one minor exception, the oysters were small (probably wild and I really don't know seafood) and consequently did not stand up to the cheese, cured meats treatment of "Oysters Irene". I tried them, only one of the six was fantastic, the others not noticeable in the concoction. BUT this is minor, my fault for eating oysters other than raw.

NO is pricey, Irene's is not that bad and certainly deserves a try if you like food, wine and service.

Chicago
“Old, Italian New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Been several times. This is not high concept Italian, but old new Orleans Italian - dishes you know but done well, and often with a flourish like soft shell crab over pasta. It is a little more expensive than your local red sauce spot, but very reasonable given that it's in the quarter. While a little bit hidden away for the quarter, that's good for us as it probably attracts local, regulars, and cool tourist like you and me. During busy times, you are going to wait, even with a reservation, but the waiting room has cocktail tables and a piano player. It's got a very 1960's vibe, and I hope it never changes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Northfield, Vermont
“New Orleans Food-Eat and Walk Alot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

All of our meals in NOLA were incredible. I was amazed at the personal and warm service we received everywhere considering how busy the restaurants. Recommendations are Irene's, Dick and Jenny's, Brigtsen's and for the best donuts-The District. We really did need to walk alot so we could eat a lot!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
chicago, ill
“Memorable dining at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Made a reservation and got seated about 15 min. after. We sat in the holding area and had a wine while we waited for the table. What a wonderful dining experience we had. My husband had the crispy duck and I had the drum fish. Both dishes were outstanding. The duck was so meaty, flavorful and rich. My drum fish was cooked perfectly. The server (Nancy) was efficient, pleasant and helpful in her suggestions. Never once rushed us even though people were waiting for tables. The tables are close and every table is filled even late into the evening so the atmosphere is a bit noisy. Sort of reminded me of a European cafe with the decor. I would have loved to try the lamb chops, maybe another visit. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any negatives on this restaurant. High quality food and service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere