“Star attraction” 4 of 5 stars

(504) 525-4937
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's Delmonico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Erato Street
Transit: Streetcar stop at Erato Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Star attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed down the street and went to Emerils twice in the late evening, sitting in the bar area because we had no reservations. Mussels were excellent, with a presentation filled with wonderful flavors. Duck wings were slathered with sweet spicy sauce, and the accompanying contrasting sauce was superb. The wait staff in the bar area were young, pleasant and professional and attended to our needs with great style.

Visited March 2013

Suwanee, Georgia
“Good food, High Price, So-So Service & Vibe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Food: I ordered the gumbo for an app and have to say, it was great! I would have loved the gumbo as a main entrée. I ordered the dry aged, bone-in rib-eye and it was as elite as any top-tier steakhouse I have visited over the years. Most of my party got steaks and agreed.

Wine: Extremely overpriced. Be prepared.

Venue: Cramped, loud, and hot. It's in a beautiful old building... and it's NoLa... so it is what it is.

Service: I would call the staff professional staff. Friendly at the door. The bar tender was responsive, but a little condescending (good ones usually are). Our waiter was what I would call fake friendly. Everything we picked was the best... we were the best table of the night... and the most uncomfortable thing was the exchange of the ticket at the end. We had a group of 8 and when asked if the tip was included he said "oh let me see... oh yes, there is a little something added". Little something was 18%. And, he proceeded to stand there while we talked about the check. Just uncomfortable... and we could tell he was angling for more.

Overall, it was a very good meal at a high price. We expected that. Not sure I'll visit again and I wouldn't tell anyone "you gotta do Delmonico when you go to NoLa"... but if you do decide to go I hope this helped... and enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my experience at Emeril's. The food was absolutely amazing. I am a vegetarian so the chef "whipped something up" for me. They made me pasta with veggies topped with a light sauce. So delicious. I'm extremely happy with my visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Big letdown, Delmonico's has gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I had one of our greatest dinner experiences at Emeril's Delmonico back in 2005 (right before Katrina). I had read that Delmonico has gone downhill since after the storm, and avoid booking when there is a convention in town; but we decided to give it a chance anyway.

Needless to say, we were very, very disappointed.
1) there was a Microsoft convention in town, so they were really busy and we understood that the service wasn't going to be up to par.
2) due to being so booked, they set a table up for us straddling the main dining room and the bar. What a mistake that was. It was freezing, and the music from the bar made it very difficult for my wife and I to converse.
3) The food was just ok for me (I had courtboullion) and terrible for my wife (she had duck that was not cooked well and very tough, she had to send it back). Compared to our last visit, the food was bad. We were very disappointed in the food. We were very disappointed in the whole experience.

My recommendation: If you are local, don't come here if there is a convention going on (I think they send people here when NOLA and Emeril's are booked up).

One positive, the bar mixed a good drink!

If anyone that works for the restaurant reads this, please don't stick a couple by the piano near bar. That made our experience much worse.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Exceeded our greatest expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our party had duck, drum, beignet, gumbo, house salad with manchego cheese... All was fantastic. By far our favorite, relaxed dining experience. Wait staff made us feel like kings and queens without being pretentious or stuffy. Food was upscale and decadent. Charming surroundings. Perfect!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere