“If you're saving for one nice dinner.....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,606 restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (New Orleans magazine's 2004 "Chef of the Year") ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness, variety and to the guest are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
Boise, Idaho
“If you're saving for one nice dinner.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

......this is the place. If you want it to be seafood, that is. We did this instead of Irene's. The lobster dumplings alone will convince you you've made the right decision, wow they are delicious! I had the parmesan crusted drum and it was juicy and flavorful but could have used more parmesan. We got the chocolate cake afterwards and it was scrumptious and unique, it had multiple layers and textures.
Be aware they will enforce the dress code - which is a good idea, people shouldn't come to a nice place looking like bums - as we saw several people turned away. The service was excellent however, nobody was snooty like you might expect in a place like this. Only couple of downers: the before-dinner biscuits were laughably bad, especially compared to the rest of the food lol, and the portions are on the small side so don't expect American-sized, Five Guys portions!

90% Recommend
Key West, FL
“Disappointing....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went last evening (9/9/13) with a couple of colleagues. Was surprised at how full it was for Monday evening. We were told by those who recommended it that reservations weren't necessary for Monday...we were told it would be 30 minutes for seating, took 45. As a non-seafood eater, wasn't too impressed with their other choices....only one appetizer choice w/o it, and 4 entrees...which is pretty much the norm, in my experience. I started with the beet salad, tasty, but the "salad" part and the goat cheese portions were quite skimpy I ordered the pork chop, switching out the mashed sweet potatoes for regular, and the bourbon molasses sauce on the side. I expected a big, thick chop..WRONG! I thought it wasn't any better than something I could have prepared at home , about half of it was fat and our server never checked back to ask about satisfaction...my colleagues weren't raving about their meals, so I'm assuming the were average as well....our tab was over $190 for 3 people, not a good value in my opinion

• 1 of 5 stars Food
SoCA
“Not the best, but nice dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staff seems well trained which can be a rarity in many restaurants. The food was good, but not excellent. The atmosphere was a bit frenetic, but the staff was attentive. We were charged for 2 extra entrees and it took some convincing that there were only two of us at the table and that we had not ordered and eaten four entrees. We had cocktails, apps, entrees and desserts. All tasty but a bit disappointing after all the hype.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois, USA
“I wish there were 6 stars to give!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have traveled all around the word and eaten a lot of seafood, and I can honestly say that I had the best fish here I have ever had! I had the hogsnapper, and I definitely recommend it! I also recommend the apple pie for dessert-- remember to pre-order!

The location is right off Bourbon Street, and the ambiance of the restaurant is great!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“GW Fins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of the few fine dining establishments open on Monday evening. Conveniently located in the French Quarter just off Bourbon Street. Wait staff and their team are attentive and know the cuisine well and do make recommendations unsolicited. Gentlemen...good to know you don 't require a jacket in this dining spot, casual business wear works. Entrees cost about $28.00 bucks and salads at $9.00 each, with the wine list average $50.00 +. We had Grouper and Red Snapper
both were presented well and had nice fresh taste. I know you won't be disappointed with Fins, now having said that, I will be enthused to try other establishments on our next trip south.