“Not the best, but nice dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,671 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (New Orleans magazine's 2004 "Chef of the Year") ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness, variety and to the guest are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
SoCA
“Not the best, but nice dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staff seems well trained which can be a rarity in many restaurants. The food was good, but not excellent. The atmosphere was a bit frenetic, but the staff was attentive. We were charged for 2 extra entrees and it took some convincing that there were only two of us at the table and that we had not ordered and eaten four entrees. We had cocktails, apps, entrees and desserts. All tasty but a bit disappointing after all the hype.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“I wish there were 6 stars to give!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have traveled all around the word and eaten a lot of seafood, and I can honestly say that I had the best fish here I have ever had! I had the hogsnapper, and I definitely recommend it! I also recommend the apple pie for dessert-- remember to pre-order!

The location is right off Bourbon Street, and the ambiance of the restaurant is great!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“GW Fins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of the few fine dining establishments open on Monday evening. Conveniently located in the French Quarter just off Bourbon Street. Wait staff and their team are attentive and know the cuisine well and do make recommendations unsolicited. Gentlemen...good to know you don 't require a jacket in this dining spot, casual business wear works. Entrees cost about $28.00 bucks and salads at $9.00 each, with the wine list average $50.00 +. We had Grouper and Red Snapper
both were presented well and had nice fresh taste. I know you won't be disappointed with Fins, now having said that, I will be enthused to try other establishments on our next trip south.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha, NE
“BEST DINING EXPERIENCE IN 30 YEARS OF VISITING NO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have visited and dined in New Orleans for the past thirty years and have only recently found GW Fins--my loss. We had the privilege of dining there Sept 6 and had a top ten meal. From the front desk to the busboys, the training was obvious--these people run a restaurant the way I would hope to run one. Our server was Jason who was extremely personable as well as knowledgable and polished. Just the right combination of everything. But, of course, the food was the star. We started with the chili glazed snapper shoulders, which had just the right spiciness and were prepared perfectly. The fig/pecan arugula salad was perfect to split. My wife had the parmesan encrusted drum--a perfect crust for a delicious fish. The fried capers added a wonderful taste compliment. I had the sauteed hog snapper with blue crab that was done perfectly and seasoned just right. We had desert and coffee--the chocolate volcano and the individual apple pie with cinnamon (both a la mode, of course) were to die for (and impossible to finish). We capped the dinner with glasses of Inniskillin. The wine list is quite nice and very affordable. The sommelier, Ron, was delightful and helpful. The entire feast came to under $210--less than half you would pay at NYC's Le Bernadin but lacking none of the quality that you find at that five star restaurant. My congratulations to the owners of GW Fins: you have it right-- a grand slam! We look forward to many more memorable meals with you.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good food, good drinks. I had the tuna and the lobster ravioli. The ravioli was amazing, delicate and flavorful. I was somewhat disappointed with the tuna, not much flavor at all, pretty bland. For desert I had the chocolate molten cake, it was amazing! I would dine here again.