“Good but not #2 in NOLA” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
GW Fins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bourbon, Dauphine
Transit: Bienville & Rampart
Description: Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (New Orleans magazine's 2004 "Chef of the Year") ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness, variety and to the guest are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.
“Good but not #2 in NOLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ate there on Thursday night. There was 4 people in our party. Waiter was very good and sorry that I couldn't remember his name. Service was attentive and thorough. He had a strong knowledge of the menu. We had 2 appetizers, the Tuna Tartar and Lobster Dumplings. Tuna tartar was good, but a relatively small portion. The lobster was unremarkable. It was ok but lacked flavor or lobster chunks. For entree's we had 2 portions of the paremesan crusted black drum and 2 portions of the Red Snapper. Both were good, but ultimately the Red Snapper was superior. For dessert we had the White Chocolate & Caramel Bread Pudding. I am not a bread pudding fan but because this is a NOLA specialty I wanted to try it. Wow, it was fantastic and would highly recommend! We had 3 mixed drinks and 3 glasses of wine and the total bill was $245. For what we received, I thought the value comes into question.
GW Fins was good but not worthy of the #2 rating. You can see my other review about K-Paul's and why I think it is #1!!

Visited August 2013

“Fabulous experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Everything was top rate from food to service to atmosphere and a great value to boot! We will be going back at our next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved the meal. Great waiter. Nice atmosphere right off crazy Bourbon St. Great fish selection and imaginative presentation
HIghly recommend it!

Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Insanely Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had dinner with my family a few nights ago.My 18 year granddaughter and my 8 year old granddaughter raved over the food. They had salmon and lobster dumplings.I had parmesan coated flounder and my wife had the blackened swordfish.Everyones fish was cooked to perfection.We ate here around 5 years ago and the restaurant is consistenly of superior quality.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice, but not New Orleans Cajun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I were in New Orleans and were looking for a real NO experience and tried GW Fins because of its high ratings. We enjoyed it, but felt it was like any other nice meal you could get at any larger city.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere