“A 3am must, after a long nite on Bourbon street” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #390 of 1,627 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“A 3am must, after a long nite on Bourbon street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed across the street at Bon Masion and at 3am decided to try breakfast. We were back every nite after during our stay. The food was excellent, the price was affordable and the atmosphere was worth the stop. We had a blast and the one liners by the staff had us rolling laughing the entire time. If your on bourbon and need to eat to get back in the action. This place is foot steps away.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carbondale, Illinois
“It ain't fancy but sure is tasty - yummy cheese grits and eggs, friendly waiters, and fun people everywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were in New Orleans for a pre-Christmas vacation and holiday shopping trip. My husband and I made our way over to the Clover Grill for a hearty breakfast to soak up the previous night's excesses :) We love being able to walk into this place any time of day or night and have breakfast food (they have other stuff too). The waiters are always friendly, and there is a steady stream of fun people in and out of here. Plus, the juke box is always rockin'!

My waiter asked how we were and I lamented that I had a bit of a hangover, to which he replied that I needed a cajun bloody mary to cure that. He offered to go across the street to the Cafe Lafitte in Exile and purchase one for me if I gave him the $4 (he said the same folks own the grill and bar). I accepted and the spicy concoction accompanied my eggs and grits very nicely.

I was feeling a whole lot better when we left! It's always fun here - a mixture of quarter characters and everyone is welcome! We'll always go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was a cute place, open all the time, great service, good greasy food. The only problem is that they were out of a lot of things when I was there so I couldn't get biscuits and gravy... c'mon I came down here for some southern cookin'!

Visited December 2012
Freeport, Texas
“It's all in the attitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The only spot in town where you'll be subject to a hard time in a good way. Seat yourself, have patience - don't ask for a variance on the menu items - and go with the flow. Love the burgers grilled under a hubcap - waffles are as big as a southerner's heart - and for a little place, it's open 24/7 and has an awesome eclectic jukebox.

Visited October 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Perfect late night grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

24 hour diner...right off Bourbon? Yes, please!
Skip all the lame pizza joints and head to Clover Grill. Great burgers, great fries, and plenty of coca-cola to fight off a potential hangover!

Visited November 2012