“Lived up to Reputation” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,515 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Clearwater, Florida
“Lived up to Reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were a party of seven. Service was impeccable. Two to three servers/assistants never far away. Menu was nice. I had the seafood special which was a whole bone-in trout...very nicely seasoned. Presentation and taste of everything was very good. Everyone at our table was very satisfied with all dishes and drinks. I'm keeping this review brief because it has all been said before.

N.O. Saints Head Coach Sean Payton was seated one table from us....well, his party took up one table and his ego took up a second table. He was loud non-stop. Not sure how he ate while never stopping talking. I only bring this up because the presence of a "celebrity" nearby didn't impact the quality or quantity of service at our table. It was a fun night.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenland, New Hampshire
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I can't wait to eat here again! I did not find a single thing that we ate, that we wouldn't have again!

We were taken care of by multiple servers and we never had to tell any of them that someone had taken our order already. They seemed to be coordinating effectively between themselves on our service.

The prices are extremely reasonable for a restaurant with Emeril's name on it. I think that surprised us the most.

Ambiance was very nice. Dress code on web site said business casual, but there were quite a few people there with jeans and I even saw them sit a group who had come in with t-shirts & jeans so it's not as stiff as you would think.

We were started with 3 different mini breads each. I kept bugging my wife if she was going to finish hers!

We split the BBQ Shrimp appetizer so we we'd have room for dinner. Again, I offered to help my wife with her share!

I had the Ribeye Cap & my wife had the Fettuccine Nero. Both were fantastic. I would say the Ribeye was one of the best meals I've ever had out.

We finished with absolutely the best Banana Cream Pie I've ever had!

I recommend Emeril's to anyone looking for an outstanding meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stiff, formal atmosphere; staff appeared pressured; exquisite food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had the most exquisite sea scallops I have ever had with a pancetta layer under them. My friend had the quail which although the stuffing was quite tasty, and it was beautiful, she had difficulty finding much quail meat. It has been quite some time since I had quail but I seemed to remember that there was enough meat on it that you could actually cut into meat rather than simply scraping small bits off the bone.

Visited March 2014
Schererville, Indiana
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The whole experience was excellent! Service, atmosphere, and food. Nothing we did not like. It was as if each dish was an expression of art......in the form of the melding of the ingredients! Yum, yum!! Will visit again on a future trip!

Visited March 2014
Highland Park, Illinois
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My family (4 total) and I went to Emeril's Thursday, March 23, 2014. If I am not mistaken, it is located in the Warehouse District. This is a very urban edgy area that felt VERY safe. Much to our surprise they had FREE valet service which was a real bonus. The environment matched the neighborhood, the ceilings were very high, colors Jazzy, feeling contemporary yet intimate. We were seated immediately upon our arrival. They gave each of us an assortment of breads, all of which were delicious. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Each course arrived on time and at our pace. The other thing of note is that the servings were larger than I expected, which again, was a pleasant surprise. When asked what was the highlight of your vacation, my daughter said, going to Emeril's for dinner.